Truck or lorry driver

When people ask what I do I say I’m self employed, I run my own business and have done for 16 years. This usually leads to signs of interest, good comments and even signs of being impressed. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Then they say what business are you in and I say road transport, I’m a truck driver and they usually then change there opinion to one of disinterest and look as if I am a something they have scraped off their shoe. :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

fireman

it sounds better :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A forward planning logistics operative…AFPLO…because i have to plan the route…in advance…for the various goods i have to deliver, to get there in a reasonable time…to please the boss or freight forwarders…and all because i am the operator…well i am in charge…but the short version is a trucker…its more modern sounding.

jessicas dad:
fireman

it sounds better :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bet you only tell the women that!

wagon driver.

my t shirt says im a truck driver but i prefer to be called a professional truck driver :laughing:

dave:
what do you call yourself . :question:
does it matter. :question:
if any one asks your occupation what do you say :question:

ive always said truck driver,

we have truckstops, but not lorry stops,
we have truck and driver magazine, but not lorry and driver magazine.
and its easier to say red truck yellow truck :wink:

Must be a lorry driver, or a wagon driver. Tr*cks either come from America or have forks on the front!!

Deaks:

jessicas dad:
fireman

I bet you only tell the women that!

yep works every time

just dont my wife :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i call myself a suicide jockey :smiley: :smiley:

A MUSHROOM

I ALWAY,S SAY CLASS 1. :open_mouth: THEN YOU GET A BLANK LOOK

I think we’re all mushrooms Wylie, we’re certainly al fed on [zb] and kept in the dark. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve been around enough to know better! L. :wink:

Ummm…A distribution technition? :confused:
I just usually mumble ‘driver’ though, as people usually have no interest or any idea if I say Class 1 anyway.
A few years ago, an aged relative asked me what I did, so I told her, she looked at me sympathetically, patted me on the shouklder & said… ‘Never mind dear, its a start, & Im sure something elce will turn up for you’. No answaer to that is there?!? :confused:
T.■■

Generally I call myself Ian :laughing:. But if people ask, I drive for a living :wink:.

heavy goods driver :wink:

I’m a gaffer or company owner.
Lovin’ every minuate of it, (Liar!)
Totally skint.
Spare change anyone■■? :cry: :cry: :cry:

i tell em im a numpty truck driver and the thick ones reply by saying whats a numpty :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

Chauffer du Camion

or

LKW Fahrer

To me a truck is a modern artic unit, a lorry is an Albion Beaver :stuck_out_tongue:

240 Gardner:

dave:
what do you call yourself . :question:
does it matter. :question:
if any one asks your occupation what do you say :question:

ive always said truck driver,

we have truckstops, but not lorry stops,
we have truck and driver magazine, but not lorry and driver magazine.
and its easier to say red truck yellow truck :wink:

Must be a lorry driver, or a wagon driver. Tr*cks either come from America or have forks on the front!!

nice!

im a truck driver

one thing i can’t stand being called is “drive” as in alright drive, i don’t call you secure do i numpty boy, or warehouse monkey (well actually i do) :smiley:

jon