Truck Hire

Hi can anyone recommend a half decent Truck Hire place in the North West my mate has been offered some work for 2 vehicles (he has 1 at the mo) so need another but dont wana pay top whack pricesfrom the likes of scania etc, till we see if job will pay enough to warrant buying another unit

the g bear:
Hi can anyone recommend a half decent Truck Hire place in the North West my mate has been offered some work for 2 vehicles (he has 1 at the mo) so need another but dont wana pay top whack pricesfrom the likes of scania etc, till we see if job will pay enough to warrant buying another unit

Not been funny but shouldn’t you know if it will pay enough before you take it on.

It does with 1 vehicle but as ive seen from past experience as soon as you start putting extra vehicles on a job they dont make the money you were on the 1st hence me advising only renting to see if it is worth buying another vehicle!!

the g bear:

Sounds dodgy to me. If it’s that good why isn’t he putting another truck on himself and getting a driver (you?) for it? :bulb:

He is putting another truck on it he has asked if i know of anywhere to hire a unit from as the cost of hiring a unit from the likes of scania etc is top whack, i wouldnt be the other driver as im in quite a safe job where i have been for the past 7 yrs, as stated he is making good money with 1 unit on the job but before he takes the jump and buys another unit with all the costs he wanted to hire a unit and make sure it was still gona pay if not the extra unit could simply go back and he could carry on with just the 1 unit!!!

the g bear:
He is putting another truck on it he has asked if i know of anywhere to hire a unit from as the cost of hiring a unit from the likes of scania etc is top whack, i wouldnt be the other driver as im in quite a safe job where i have been for the past 7 yrs, as stated he is making good money with 1 unit on the job but before he takes the jump and buys another unit with all the costs he wanted to hire a unit and make sure it was still gona pay if not the extra unit could simply go back and he could carry on with just the 1 unit!!!

Sorry I misunderstood. Thought he was offering you the work but I see that’s not the case.

try Burnt Tree Truck Rental, they have a place on Trafford Park, Manchester but they are nationwide.
Prices were always reasonable, sorry havent got a number, but no doubt google will give you it.

Hill Hire are about £375 per week for a 6x2 on spot hire I think. You have to be a ltd company to rent from Dawsons.

Cheers for that fellas my mate was taken into hospital tuesday evening so he’s not had chance to sort anything but when he gets out (hopefully today) i will have a word with him

Try Wilton Vehicle rental, the trucks, admittedly aren’t brand new but they’re mostly ex R and M gear.

Wilton Vehicle Rentals
0151 5488726
St. Timber Yd Pingwood La, Kirkby, Liverpool, L33 4XZ