Best place for truck rental?

before i buy my next truck im thinking of renting one for a couple of months, can anybody recomend me somewhere that,s cheap, i want to try a few different makes to evaluate them before i commit to buying,

Dont know where you are, but these people are worth travelling to:

CVME Truck Rental, Aylesham

Between Canterbury and Dover off the A.2

Phone 01304 842181

Mainly DAF 95/105’s and MAN XLX/XXL etc

K

thanks mate, dont suppose you know what they charge,

just phoned them, £400 a week, im looking to spend about £300, i want to rent it not buy it, maybe i need to find a company with a little older trucks, any sugestions welcome

Find a truck you fancy buying at your local freindly truck dealer, he’ll have several s/h units he can’t shift he’d love to earn some money with, and it’ll give you the chance to try it before you part with the precious beer tokens :grimacing:

HIll Hire are £370 for a 4x2 xf 105. Doubt you’ll find anyone doing it for £300, maybe £350.

Try Scania Rentals you have to put a month down if you are a new venture. Hired from the Peterborough ofice and dealt with Craig don’t know if he is still there but they are very helpful if you are a new start. The best thing about them was they used to be unlimited mileage which was very handy as we double shifted one.
They will probably have an older truck to suit your budget. I found with Hill Hire and other companies they wanted to see a your books first !!!

thanks ill give them a try, i dont need a new truck, so if anyone knows a place thats cheaper with a little older trucks let me know.

Where are you from what area

northampton ,

hill hire earls barton ask 4 simon they doing units for between £300.00 & £350.00 depends what u are after

try fraikin ltd, hill hire, etc best to compare prices and let them compete against each other beleive me they will all want your custom at the moment. so go grab yourself a bargain. do what everyone seems to do to us get the cheapest quote

john

Re:truck rental, It depends on what your after and how much you want to keep your driver happy, but i found to my surprise that scania were very reasonable, i got a 2yr old V8 500 for £375 and was told i could have a very late 420 highline for £360, if you take in to account the fuel and reliabilty factor compared with a premium or stralis it has got to be good value, all these figures were unlimited mileage so you can punish them and take advantage of the sudden increase in driver availability (if your lucky enough to have the work), you may need to give them a deposit depending on your history with them, if you wish to pm me i will give you more info…

You can drop me a PM with details if you want. We’re in the rental game & also have some units for sale currently. We aren’t the biggest or the best but I’d like to think we give a good service & we always spec good quality kit.

pm sent