Truck Hire UK or Europe!

Hi Guys,

Well I’m looking for some info on the costs of hiring a couple of trucks for 12 months, so whom would you go to Scania/Daf or
Ryder or BRS or has anyone hired a truck from a Dutch or Belgium hire company and if so how much did it cost and
were there any problems with paperwork when hiring a foreign truck rental vehicle.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Regards

JJsl

Not sure if it helps we are renting a 105XF sc, from Salford Van Hire at the moment.
Not sure of figures but knowing my boss been as tight as a camels backside in a sandstorm I would say the rate is one of the better ones out there.

Hi Ben9

thank you for the info, I will give them a call tomorrow and see what sort of rates they come up with.

Regards

Tony

Volvo are doing some kind of deal where you pay i think 1 months rental up front, everything is covered in the deal inc tyres (im sure thats what i was told) but when it is due a service you take it where they say and when they say. If you decide after (for example) 6 months, that you want to chuck it back in, they tell you where to take it, and thats that. This i beleive is for a60 and 61 reg FHs, not the new shape ones.

Hi Kindle530,

Many thanks I will have a look on the Volvo website.

Have you seen Kim lately ? is he about anymore or the Big Jock Alex ?

Rgs

Tony

Hireing abroad ok if you hAve o licence in that country

Had one involved in accidentin germany 2 years ago (non fault)
Tried to hire truck for two weeks whilst ours was repaired there
Legally couldnt addto o licence even temp
Second ukinsurance company wouldnt cover foreign vehicle even temp

Ended up bobtailing unit over for trl from uk
And put costs and bit more into claim and was a good earner

JJSL:
Hi Kindle530,

Many thanks I will have a look on the Volvo website.

Have you seen Kim lately ? is he about anymore or the Big Jock Alex ?

Rgs

Tony

No mate, havent heard from KG for years, i heard he got locked up for smuggling ■■■■ for an Irish firm yrs ago, not sure if that was true or not. No idea where Alex went/is. Shame Alex isnt on here, bloody hell he had some stories to tell!
The Volvo thing i think was either thru their heaquaters or thru a Volvo dealer in Coventry.