Trawlermen

This is the best programme on TV at the moment.

It’s on 7p.m. every night this week (BBC1). These guys work bloody hard and it should be shown in every Council office / school staffroom / traffic office around the country. - Showing them what real graft is!

These men have the spirit that built GREAT Britain not the liberal whingers and the morons who run this country these days. Enjoy.

Agree with you on that Hammer i have been working with these guys for quite a few years now and they are lads with backbone and guts and good lads to work with.

Havent seen that but have been watching “Deadliest Catch” on the Discovery Channel. Crabbing in the Artic winter Big bucks but hard and risky work they losr three men in the last season. The current season is on tuesdays at nine o’ clock.

You watch that programme and the working conditions they have to endure then come on here and find someone whinging about stress in our job. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ive been watching deadliest catch too ! what an awesome program, cant get into trawlermen though not after watching deadliest catch.

newbee_lee:
cant get into trawlermen though

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You sure you don’t want to rephrase that? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :smiley:

newbee_lee:
ive been watching deadliest catch too ! what an awesome program, cant get into trawlermen though not after watching deadliest catch.

Listen, flash boy! I am a SKY-less ■■■■■ and have to make do with what I can get. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
You watch that programme and the working conditions they have to endure then come on here and find someone whinging about stress in our job. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

think thats a bit unfair ,no two people are the same , i work with blokes who just couldnt care less if the job gets done or not,never had a sleepless night in there life .wheras some] me ] really do worry [get stressed out] about the job .spending all night awake worrying about your 10 drops tommorow,panicking when the cab phone rings ,litteraly zb yourself all night because youve got a assesment drive the next day.
no its not life and death like there job i agree but to some [the worriers ] this job at times can really get to some [me ] to the extent i just dread going to work .maybe we allow the job to make us like that but i can honestly say at time it does get to me if your not a worrier then the jobs easy but if your a worrier its not.
im going now as i think im multi dropping round sheffield tommorow[wheres the pills]

If the H&S were to watch it we would never be allowed to eat fish !!!.

An excellent programme.

ady1:

Coffeeholic:

think thats a bit unfair ,no two people are the same , i work with blokes who just couldnt care less if the job gets done or not,never had a sleepless night in there life .wheras some] me ] really do worry [get stressed out] about the job .spending all night awake worrying about your 10 drops tommorow,panicking when the cab phone rings ,litteraly zb yourself all night because youve got a assesment drive the next day.
no its not life and death like there job i agree but to some [the worriers ] this job at times can really get to some [me ] to the extent i just dread going to work .maybe we allow the job to make us like that but i can honestly say at time it does get to me if your not a worrier then the jobs easy but if your a worrier its not.
im going now as i think im multi dropping round sheffield tommorow[wheres the pills]

I think your missing the point slightly. It’s not just the working conditions that are rough (as they are on wagons frequently) it’s the fact that they are working up to 21hrs/day, in life threatening conditions and at the end of it being guaranteed nothing. :open_mouth:

You might be different, but if someone offered me a potentially deadly job where I work like a dog virtually 24/7 and at the end said “I’ll pay you a cut of what I make” , I’d tell em’ to Foxtrot Oscar! :slight_smile:

I tried that for a week on my cousins boat 20 odd years ago when I was one of the 1 in 10. I couldn’t wait to get back on dry land! I take my hat off to those lads!