Training Companies

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome cloverx01 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GENERAL DRIVING TIPS BEFORE STARTING LGV C TRAINING (Link)

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pics

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS… - I suggest the trainee-to-be visits the training school, meets the head person(s) and has a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Recommended LGV training schools

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is this country short of drivers ?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

Hello mate, Yes you do need to pass your theory test (hazard perception and a multiple choice test) before you book your practical test, as they will need the test pass certificate number to match it up with the practical booking.

The basic route for getting your license is:

1. Take your medical the D 4 form is needed see dvla website for application forms to be sent out, and see cheap driver medicals at top of forum pages!

2. Send off for your provisional licence.

3. Book free trial lesson/assessment somewhere at a driving school(may be a couple of them to compare how you feel with the different schools)

4. Book your theory test.

5. Take practical course.

Also if you pass your practical BEFORE the start of september 09 you WILL NOT have to undertake the INITIAL CPC however by the end of sept 2014 you will have to have completed 35hours of training over the 5 years to keep your PERIODIC CPC valid

PM sent

Hi there and welcome to the site, yes there are a few here from N,Ireland myself included you should be able to get a good deal around Belfast or Lisburn as like everything the driving schools will have to tighten there belts as well to get people to fork out on courses as it is not cheap

But good luck

Hey bud you tried Davie from Dungannon I think hes from but runs out of belfast?? I went from Stranraer over to him?? He had me in a caravan for the 2 weeks I went for class 2 and 1 up at Nutts corner??

Good man with good pass rates… The otehr 2 main companies over tehre, cant remember there names, are more business company owned as oppose to him whose a 1 man band wagon with 1 artic and 2 rigids.

Cheer for the feedback folks.

Rog - thats some info you’ve got there!! A real good source of info - cheers mate

David Kinnear out of Nutts Corner can’t recommend highly enough

4ni.co.uk/98432x30x8_david-k … antrim.htm