Top Gear again

After waiting almost 2 years for delivery of his new GT40, they have finally delivered it to Jeremy Clarkson and Richard managed to get a photo of the delivery truck. :smiley:

2 Years late and the company was ONTIME AUTOMOTIVE :stuck_out_tongue:

Woohoo! Meat Loaf is top of the ā€œbest driving songā€ voteā€¦
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Iā€™m not laughing, honest!!!

MrFlibble:
Woohoo! Meat Loaf is top of the ā€œbest driving songā€ voteā€¦
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Where has that come from?

Best CD ever, ā€œHeaven and Hellā€. Meat Loaf and Bonnie Tyler.

Pack the missus off to the shops and annoy the hell out of the neighbours. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Krankee:
Best CD ever, ā€œHeaven and Hellā€. Meat Loaf and Bonnie Tyler.

Almost. The best one is actually ā€œLive Around the Worldā€ (this one).

Krankee:
Pack the missus off to the shops and annoy the hell out of the neighbours. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Absolutely - especially with ā€œLife is a lemon and I want my money backā€ :wink:

Best driving songs in a truck ā€” forget all the rev up and go stuff (unless your truck does more than 56!)

Olivia Newton John ā€” Take Me Home

American Pie (original or Madges version)

Simon & Garfunkel ā€” The Boxer (or Bright Eyes if Iā€™ve just squashed one)

Staus Qo ā€” Living on an Island (for anyone who has had to deliver to Canvey or Sheppy, or beached it on a roundabout)

The Worzels ā€” for any delivery in Suffolk / Norfolk (or the X files theme music?)

The rude Ian Dury one (ā€¦ā€¦lousey prat in council flatā€¦ā€¦) ā€” any delivery to Liverpool Docks.

Madness ā€” I like driving in my car (singing it makes me more tolerant of weekend and seasonal drivers).

For the suits/reps trying to change a wheel on the hard shoulder ā€” Three Wheels on My Wagon.

For milk tankers ā€” Ernie (thatā€™s what I call them, anyway!)

If I was musically talented, Iā€™d write lyrics about caravans, tipper drivers (modernised to include container drivers) and why there are always six coaches that have just decamped OAPā€™s (literally bus loads!) at MSAā€™s when all I need is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and a coffee!?!

spaceman:
and why there are always six coaches that have just decamped OAPā€™s (literally bus loads!) at MSAā€™s when all I need is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and a coffee!?!

I am so glad I am not the only one who suffers from this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

crikey spaceman - thatā€™s radio 2 fodder mate! canā€™t live with that in me ear 'oles.

gimme a bit of hush by kula shaker, any day of the week!

el gordo 78:
gimme a bit of hush by kula shaker, any day of the week!

You want to try the original version by Deep Purple :sunglasses:

And my fav is Highway to Hell by the great AC/DC :sunglasses:

Martin

Iā€™ve shifted this in here since itā€™ s not actually about trucks any more. :grimacing:

ā€˜6 days on the roadā€™ by Dave Dudley.
Yes, I know Iā€™m showing my age again, but it did sum up the job in the old days, and maybe just a touch now.

Salut, David.

Blur - Song 2?

Got to be Highway Star by Deep Purple 70ā€™s.
The Cramps Garbageman 80ā€™s, or Bauhaus, Spy In The Cab( 'coz it ment something at the time).
Prodigy, Hyperspeed(Rex The Dog Remix)90ā€™s.

I canā€™t pick one out for the noughtys yet.