Tippin otosan istanbul in my mighty 141

waitin to tip in istanbul 18 yrs ago for lawrabian in my mighty 141…

Is it really that long ago La, it seems like only a few years…
GS

yes mukka,been married 14 years last week,flys bye dunnit,hooperman is in patra with lyons on the ■■■■ waitin for the fires to go out,told him u daid ello

Happy aniversary…Wheres Hooperman going?? I heard that he was on for Tescos!!!
Tell him to get in touch.
GS

GS OVERLAND:
Happy aniversary…Wheres Hooperman going?? I heard that he was on for Tescos!!!
Tell him to get in touch.
GS

Hooperman,Tesco’s?Naaahh

Well that is what I read in answer to an earlier post by myself, a few months ago, when I asked what he was doing now.
I since learnt that he just got back from Dammam.
GS

Hell thats a lng way in a tesco truck at 40mph :smiley:

Hooperman ? is that as in Chris Hooper M/E fame ?

Enjoyed reading his story in Truckin International magazine a few years back :sunglasses:

I last heard Chris was on his way back from Kuwait for Astran only a couple months ago.

i last saw chris hooper not far from venlo last week following another brit silver daf super space cab i think it was chris was in his scania both had the transit plates on

dont know him as a person would love to see his truck though

Baby Spider:
i last saw chris hooper not far from venlo last week following another brit silver daf super space cab i think it was chris was in his scania both had the transit plates on

dont know him as a person would love to see his truck though

Here you go, a picture of Chris’s truck in Jordan last summer.
I’m sure he won’t mind me posting it, he aint even seen it himself yet.

He was on his way to Doha when you saw him last week near Venlo. There’s a load of em on the way down.
Regards
GS

A few of us drove the ROO motors in their day for Roy Bradford/Fred Topham
Roy Haxel, bought one…Dirty ■■■■ (bless him) i had ROO 108w after it had twin stacks put on…,and we burnt one in Romania after dirty ■■■■ drove under the ring road bridge at 40 mph when it had 3/4 feet of water under it…blew the turbo, flooded the rest…■■■■ got rescued, and stayed at Roys flat in bucharest with Julie until we got the money to fly him home.

Hi Phil, How times fly, it does’nt seem that time since you started off on a tourist trip with your dad and ended up driving the truck yourself to istanbul.
How things turn out, if you had got in the next taxi at Ostend station. If Ritchie Thorne didnt have enough room in his Mack cab. If the Begian immigration were not scanning passports. Who knows you might never have become a M/E trucker and still be pulling pints in a Belgian bar. There has been a lot of water flown under the bridge since then. Wishing you,your wife and family a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year. regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

M&C Jamie:
Hi Phil, How times fly, it does’nt seem that time since you started off on a tourist trip with your dad and ended up driving the truck yourself to istanbul.
How things turn out, if you had got in the next taxi at Ostend station. If Ritchie Thorne didnt have enough room in his Mack cab. If the Begian immigration were not scanning passports. Who knows you might never have become a M/E trucker and still be pulling pints in a Belgian bar. There has been a lot of water flown under the bridge since then. Wishing you,your wife and family a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year. regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

There must be a mega thread in that lot alone Jamie.

Having been in the bars with young Phil and old Phil at different times, it is bound to be complicated :stuck_out_tongue:

I tended to bump into old Phil more in the seamans mission in Zeebrugge

Can anyone tell me more about Fred Topham??
Post some pictures??

haulier from gloucester i think doing the middle east run harley wood haulage at the moment also carries some interested loads out of bristol
think he may be a member on here
just cant think of the gaffers name

?