tippers please

looked on there website and got the number for transport and rung that got put through to some one and a straight no i nearly fell off the chair

lee mat:
looked on there website and got the number for transport and rung that got put through to some one and a straight no i nearly fell off the chair

You could mebbe try Carefoots or PM transport in Liverpool, or Sharples in Manchester, if they’re still going? :unamused:

couldnt tell you been on nights for a while and well out of touch as to whose still going it wasnt all bad got to ring one back on monday you no your stuff renaultman when it comes to tippers

lee mat:
couldnt tell you been on nights for a while and well out of touch as to whose still going it wasnt all bad got to ring one back on monday you no your stuff renaultman when it comes to tippers

I should do. I had 15 plus years at it, up to 5 of my own, 2 full time ODs, and other bits as well.
We concentrated on loads from NE to NW or Humberside and back. Mainly UKASTA or UKASTA compatable stuff.

bloody hell !

lee mat:
bloody hell !

Only got one now though, and on a good day I do 21k. On the bad days, I can do a few more though :laughing:

only the one ? trust me thats something to write home about and 21k?

lee mat:
only the one ? trust me thats something to write home about and 21k?

I go to a local mill, and move the grain from one side of the site, to the other. Always have the traffic reports on, so I can hear the traffic jams that I might have been stuck in. Safe in the knowledge, that I could walk home in about an hour. I aint gonna get rich I know, but with that, and a couple of other jobs, I’m comfortable, and that does. :wink:

clever thats the way to do it

How about this (clicky) for a cheap starter trailer? Only 60 cube so perhaps slightly on the small side for soya but perfectly sized for wheat/barley/osr.

Paul

repton:
How about this (clicky) for a cheap starter trailer? Only 60 cube so perhaps slightly on the small side for soya but perfectly sized for wheat/barley/osr.

Paul

you can’t go wrong with that trailer worth 5k all day long,to be honest if i was after a trailer i’d be going & havin a look at those.

164480:

repton:

Paul

you can’t go wrong with that trailer worth 5k all day long,to be honest if i was after a trailer i’d be going & havin a look at those.

They look very canny, I bet you any money, they’re on SMB running gear, and the knecks are cracked, but all these things are surmountable.

had a look how much do you think it will go for it looks ok then again i aint no expert on them

is there any companies around the manchester for sales or renting for tipper trailers not had much joys with renting and everything else is miles away what a rubbish area for truck n trailer sales this is

for artic bulk tipper work payments whats the average for payment terms time wise and for starting off is a 55 cu yard tipper to small

lee mat:
and for starting off is a 55 cu yard tipper to small

Depends what you’ll be carrying but generally you’ll struggle with a 55 yard trailer. You might just about be able to get your weight on with wheat but you would struggle with just about anything else and have no chance with soya meal or rapemeal, for example. Personally I wouldn’t think you want below 60 with something more like 63-65 being ideal. That’s for general ukasta type work (i.e. wheat/barley/rapeseed/soya/etc), which is what I have experience of.

Paul

lee mat:
for artic bulk tipper work payments whats the average for payment terms time wise and for starting off is a 55 cu yard tipper to small

to be honest lee you need a minimum of 63 yard.have you tried colease at trafford park its on elevator road.

thanks for that lads just got offered decent tipper its an old one but its clean thought it may of been on the small side for the light stuff but then again i dont think i will be getting the good work would greedy boards be good or bad idea even if they look horrible whats the deal with ukasta and tassc is it just a case of a phone call just reading there website stuff at the mo

lee mat:
thanks for that lads just got offered decent tipper its an old one but its clean thought it may of been on the small side for the light stuff but then again i dont think i will be getting the good work would greedy boards be good or bad idea even if they look horrible whats the deal with ukasta and tassc is it just a case of a phone call just reading there website stuff at the mo

To become TASCC registered you will need an audit.
The audit will want you to show that you have systems in place for Vehicle cleaning records (Both Unit and trailer, including sanitisation records for the trailer)
That you have adequate training, as do all your employees
That you are aware for food safety issues ie Salmonella Lysteria etc, and that you keep record of previous loads carried, as traceability is considered of major importance.
Your trailer will also have to be accepted by TASCC, either UKASTA reg’d or with a covering letter (signed by the previous operator) saying that it has never carried anything on the UKASTA prohibited list
If you are going to work for someone else as a subbie, then they can audit you and incorporate you in their TASCC assurance.
BTW you can still by CF with the 61 cu yd Freuhauf, all TASCC registered if you like :smiley:

renaultman:

lee mat:

BTW you can still by CF with the 61 cu yd Freuhauf, all TASCC registered if you like :smiley:

their yu go lee cf with trailer got to be able to carry 29500 with that.