Time wasting companys and jobs

I’ve never had a problem with getting a job before or never been out of work until now. I recently gave up self employment to go back on the road, but nonetheless kept my hand in by helping out a mate with a haulage business (holiday cover, weekends etc).

My most recent experience was with Maritime Transport, they are advertising for drivers at Southampton here; maritimetransport.com/latestjobs.cfm

I filled in the online application, after a week absolutely nothing. So I phoned the advertised number which was a number no longer in use. Eventualy, through their main number I managed to get the correct number for the person in question. Whenever I phone this number I get somebody else, though they say hang on a mo and talk to the guy I want to speak to…they then tell me he’ll call back. This went on for 2 weeks so I went to their yard, oh sorry he’s not here right now , he’s a busy man, but I can ask him to call you :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why oh why do these companies advertise for drivers when they can’t even be arsed to acknowledge an application. Even a simple ‘no thanks’ would be good. If this is how they treat prospective driver’s, god know’s how they treat driver’s that work for them :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Fastrantiger:
Whenever I phone this number I get somebody else, though they say hang on a mo and talk to the guy I want to speak to…they then tell me he’ll call back. …he’s a busy man, but I can ask him to call you :angry: :angry: :angry:

They sometimes treat their suppliers in this way too. :wink:
What baffles me is that it’s about as impossible for you to return a call that they’ve made to you. :confused:
So just don’t dare to be out when they phone.:grimacing:

A lot of places treat people that way, advertise a job fill it then don’t remove the advert and just ignore any calls or applications.

I applied for a job eventually got a hold of the person who asked me to come in for an interview. When i arrived for the interview a few days later the person wasnt even in the office was away on holiday and no one knew anything about any interview. They got me to fill in some details etc…

A few weeks later must again needed drivers called me up asked me to come back in told them to forget it.