Loads of jobs out there if you ask

I,ve got to ask myself why does anyone need to go to a agency to get work even new drivers i lost my job 2 weeks ago so decided to start hgv training booked hazard perception Passed theory booked 26th june driver training booked for 26th july interview on friday doing euro work in 7.5 tonne away 2 - 3 weeks at a time also offered two jobs for large company s driving class 2 fridge vehicals as soon as test passed having met transport managers who seem to very keen on getting local guys working for them, and i have even made a effort. So having read advice on here about ringing and asking to talk to people i can say it does work if you want some thing go out there and make it happen. :open_mouth:

Absolutely! Too many people sit on their backside waiting by the phone hoping it will ring. All agencies should be burnt to the ground imo. They ring someone up at 1am and tell them they have half a days work for them but need to be there in 15mins, what they neglect to tell the sucker thanking them for the work is that they were the 13th person they had rung as everyone else turned it down before they looked up their number at the back of the book Lol

COLD CALLING. Every job I’ve had was done by going face to face to places instead of picking up a phone. people seem too bone idle these days to do that, especially if it looks a little bit cloudy out. :unamused:

7.5 tonne job here for £9-£10.40ph :astonished:

cv-library.co.uk/job/2011022 … ign=Indeed

Out of Yaxley nr Peterborough

Yep all this no jobs is a load of pish! I quit my last job at 0700 on a Monday morning at 10 that morning I was sat having a coffee and biscuits with the owner of the company I work for now. He offered me the job on the Tuesday and I started on the Wednesday.

Much like benefit Britain too many people think things should come to them not have to get up and grab it yourself!!! :unamused: :exclamation:

Maritime looking for Day/Night drivers on a 4on/4off rota out of Peterborough too.

maritimetransport.com/career … ancyID=273

i always wonder this, granted it must be bad in some areas but when i come back off holiday last year to ‘my’ lorry sold i thought the worst as the gf had just left me and id just got a mortgage! :laughing:

less than 24hrs later i had a few job offers.

Need? Only drivers who are unemployable NEED agencies. The rest of us choose to contract ourselves to them for various reasons. In my case, i don’t fancy having to bend over every time i want a day off

scanny77:
Need? Only drivers who are unemployable NEED agencies. The rest of us choose to contract ourselves to them for various reasons. In my case, i don’t fancy having to bend over every time i want a day off

Quite lucky in that sense at my place, if I want a day off as rest I can always have it, if I want it as holiday it has to be authorised in advance, like this week I’ve had wed, thur, fri as holiday, didn’t want to work Sat and it’s my Saturday to work so told them I’m taking it as a rest day.

scanny77:

^^ This…

I love the flexibility of agency work, especially if they’ve messed me about a bit because then they don’t even get the warning of upcoming time off, they get told on the night before, otherwise I’ll tell them with my availability.

I’m now in full time employment, doing 5 days per week (and the company wants more :open_mouth: ) and put some holidays in and got told ‘we’ll see what we can do’… Hmm, I can see me going back on agency soon.

I understand some people wanting full time work, but it’s not the be all and end all, if your expenses aren’t too high, it’s a decent living doing a few less days per week :wink:

waynedl:

scanny77:

^^ This…

I love the flexibility of agency work, especially if they’ve messed me about a bit because then they don’t even get the warning of upcoming time off, they get told on the night before, otherwise I’ll tell them with my availability.

I’m now in full time employment, doing 5 days per week (and the company wants more :open_mouth: ) and put some holidays in and got told ‘we’ll see what we can do’… Hmm, I can see me going back on agency soon.

I understand some people wanting full time work, but it’s not the be all and end all, if your expenses aren’t too high, it’s a decent living doing a few less days per week :wink:

This^^^

Plus, can be better money. But the main thing is … Don’t like the job… don’t do it and try something else tomorrow! :slight_smile: