job's search

As some of you know that im looking for a job again.
I would like something maybe back on the boxes, But nobody is setting at all even the general haulage firms you can normally rely on are’nt setting on.
Im getting a few days a week on the agency but looking for something permanent.

Now this is my big gripe…

Bloody agencies there are millions of them and they dont have no work but the way they advertised you wouldnt belive it. The job centre is full of them promising work they dont have just to get you down there to sign up. Dont get me wrong i dont even bother phoning them cos ive been in the agency game as a driver on and off for over 4 years so i know a red herring when i see one.

In the papers there they are again promising jobs they dont have. and the job centre website it would be good if you could delete jobs you didnt want.

Before anybody gets on my back about not phoning agencies the clue is when 3 / 4 off them are all offering the same jobs. Plus my sister in law works for the biggest one of them all and has shown me and told me of the tricks they do just to get you to sign up to meet targets.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: Im narked plus unemployed.

some of the jobs ive called…

prestons of potto
bulmers
hanburys
maritime
freightliner
stobarts
irlams
viamaster
roadways
elite
potter group
archbolds
stiller
tsa
giraud
bedfords
macfarlanes… couldnt get through to them :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

Have you tried knowles they seem to have work orsome of the felixstowe hauliers a lot of them have out based drivers.Good luck with your search anyway.

i phoned a few of the felixstowe ones already but their depot always seems to be manchester.

knowles is that the leeds container ones cos ive had couple pm’s warning me against them.

If none of the firms above (excluding the obvious one :wink: :laughing: :laughing: ) are setting on any drivers, then I for one find that worrying, and another sign , if one were needed :unamused: , that were steadily going down the pan.

Were doooooooomed :open_mouth:

Hpoe you find something soon JD , best of luck

shade:
If none of the firms above (excluding the obvious one :wink: :laughing: :laughing: ) are setting on any drivers, then I for one find that worrying, and another sign , if one were needed :unamused: , that were steadily going down the pan.

Were doooooooomed :open_mouth: [/u]

well to be fair …

potter group said they would post an appilcation,

stobarts i filled an online form out which i got a letter back saying i had passed the first process

prestons took my number and said they would call if something came up

maritime gave me an informal chat and said they would call because they are going to have a big expansion

freightliner have told they would give an interview but i thinks its too find how i dented their lorry

bulmers are going to send a form and said they maybe something

irlams have took a load of macfarlanes drivers on

bedfords the same as irlam

hanburys wanted me to start next tues but i would be holiday releif driver in hull with 3 nights out a week and when i was in hull night man would have my vehicle so i would have to commute leeds

roadways havent come back to me

the rest dont have anything.

:open_mouth:

Well , thats a bit more positive JD, my tip …Maritime :wink:

shade:
:shock:

Well , thats a bit more positive JD, my tip …Maritime :wink:

i know i well fancy maritime but i think that job is in the distance cos they are waiting for lcs containers in leeds to pack up and move out cos they are having that yard.

shade:

Were doooooooomed :open_mouth:

Hpoe you find something soon JD , best of luck

:open_mouth: ESL not taking on either…worrying.

:open_mouth: Our local paper tonight, ( Thursday being Job night ) has just 2 ads, 1 for an experienced mobile crane driver and the other is an agency ad…less than 3 months ago you would regularly find at least 15 jobs and 3-4 agencies looking…some people still deny there`s a slowdown :unamused:

:sunglasses: I`m luckier than some - full time and happy - hope you get set-on soon JD, tough times for everyone I think for a while :cry:

Dont know if its any good to ya but have been told reed boardall are taking on…dont know what there like to work for or anything like that…

Adam

dogthehunter:
Dont know if its any good to ya but have been told reed boardall are taking on…dont know what there like to work for or anything like that…

Adam

i pm’d one of the members on here about them and when you are tramping if you get back to the yard one night they take your lorry off you and give it to someone else then when you come in again next day your into a different wagon. sounds like a bit of a farce to me.

2 well known job papers by me today - Express and Star and Birmingham Mail, and EVERY single driving job was an agency promising the earth.

PM JD

As some of you know that im looking for a job again.
I would like something maybe back on the boxes, But nobody is setting at all even the general haulage firms you can normally rely on are’nt setting on.

Know the feeling, same here.

Bloody agencies there are millions of them and they dont have no work but the way they advertised you wouldnt belive it. The job centre is full of them promising work they dont have just to get you down there to sign up

Glad someone else has noticed, same this way too. It’s one of the many reasons they should all be banned. And they are spreading like files, can’t make out why though. :confused: :unamused:

Blunder Man:
PM JD

yep cheers for that it’s a good one. :wink:

Do you fancy continental work? But the money is’nt great only £500-£550 per week take home.
If so, I’ll pm the details.

That was the knowles i was thinking of Alex but if you been warned off best left alone. I know nothing about them. What about Riley think they from wakefield not sure i they any good though c.e.l (carters still have a few running from Hull i know or Elite dont they have some leeds based. Now probably not the best time to be looking to get back on the boxes though as it has been really quiet even being based in felixstowe it’s been pretty dead.

What about going full time at ASDA alex,it will pay the bills till work picks up.
One of their lads had an RTA which killed a motorcyclist at Chantry bridge today,hope he is Ok.Neil send us a Pm if i know him.
I though you were going full time sparky :question:
You could always drive this for a living instead
jacksbusphotos.fotopic.net/p50681373.html
:wink:

ermm i dont think you will hear from macfarlanes BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Yorkshire | Jobs blow as haulage firm crashes

DABenji:
ermm i dont think you will hear from macfarlanes BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Yorkshire | Jobs blow as haulage firm crashes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: pmsl

i thought i would get at least one.

cheers everyone ive got more fingers in pies now than i have fingers.

cheers phil the wife wouldn stand full time euro.

jon boy 100:
What about going full time at ASDA alex,it will pay the bills till work picks up.

i was in there till 10.30 tonight and never heard anything :wink: :wink:

One of their lads had an RTA which killed a motorcyclist at Chantry bridge today,hope he is Ok.Neil send us a Pm if i know him.
I though you were going full time sparky :question:
You could always drive this for a living instead
jacksbusphotos.fotopic.net/p50681373.html
:wink:

buses couldnt think of anything worse jon sorry :laughing: :laughing: i think i would end doing a whats known as a semtex. ( you will have to look through his previous threads to see what i mean ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

il ask about the crash in the morning and let you know.