job's search

jessicas dad:
buses couldnt think of anything worse jon sorry :laughing: :laughing: i think i would end doing a whats known as a semtex. ( you will have to look through his previous threads to see what i mean ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

I’m curious as to what doing “a semtex” is. are you refering to me telling a passenger to "go away :wink: "

anyway it looks like I may be going back on the big wheelers soon. I am on the casual list for one of the local operators to do some trailer swaps or local runs. (chepstow :unamused: )

will see how it pans out and how much work I get but I may go full time again (tramping) the last fridge job I had was brilliant…the kit was disgusting which was why I left :smiley:

Semtex:

jessicas dad:
buses couldnt think of anything worse jon sorry :laughing: :laughing: i think i would end doing a whats known as a semtex. ( you will have to look through his previous threads to see what i mean ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

I’m curious as to what doing “a semtex” is. are you refering to me telling a passenger to "go away :wink: "

i think he told his passengers to “f@@k off im not a f@@king cash machine”

anyway it looks like I may be going back on the big wheelers soon. I am on the casual list for one of the local operators to do some trailer swaps or local runs. (chepstow :unamused: )

will see how it pans out and how much work I get but I may go full time again (tramping) the last fridge job I had was brilliant…the kit was disgusting which was why I left :smiley:

dont fancy dropping a hint who it is. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: didnt think so.

i asked about at asda today about the driver who squashed a cyclist and asda are keeping quiet about who is the driver nobody knows. but what i gathered was that the driver was really upset till the police told him it had been a suicide. the driver then cheered right up.

jessicas dad:

Semtex:

jessicas dad:

i think he told his passengers to “[zb] off im not a f@@king cash machine”

Yes I did

jessicas dad:

Semtex:

dont fancy dropping a hint who it is. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: didnt think so.

Matt F works for em…orange Daf XFs pulling fridges

dogthehunter:
Dont know if its any good to ya but have been told reed boardall are taking on…dont know what there like to work for or anything like that…

Adam

I’m pretty sure RB had an office job advertised recently for “Fleet Liason” or something, must be able to speak Polish fluently…

Good luck with the search

TC

jessicas dad:

DABenji:
ermm i dont think you will hear from macfarlanes BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Yorkshire | Jobs blow as haulage firm crashes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: pmsl

i thought i would get at least one.

cheers everyone ive got more fingers in pies now than i have fingers.

cheers phil the wife wouldn stand full time euro.

let me guess “hook, line and sinker” really should read posts more carefully

i’ll get my coat.

Semtex:
Matt F works for em…orange Daf XFs pulling fridges

always looks tidy kit :wink:

looks like Im in a similar situation atm as JD Im looking to move from agy to full time, either on boxes, fridges, or curtain work, RDC or general haulage, with or without a few nights out each week.
any suggestions please PM me. I`m living up near the stockyard

i have just been looking at firms that i would like to apply for when i leave the navy and i found this and found it quite handy just for getting company names then look on the web for thier website

roadhaulage.co.uk/UK/Ndirect … %20Kingdom

might be worth a shot

We’ve been here before…andn then some.

In the early eighties the Manchester Evening NEws carried no ads. for HGV Drivers for a period of almost three years! There were no agencies back then and as they emerged towards the end of the recession they were the first to advertise.

At the time, newly qualified with a class two licence (three classes back then) I wrote to abyout fifty local companies and still have some of the dozen or so replies. Almost all dire, doom laden and negative.

I did get a job on groupage - a rigid loaded with about sixty drops…away all week almost and hard graft…also an element of some very good (one load all over GB) long distance work with fewer drops so it wasn’t all bad.

The rest is mystery…and despite further forays into other work I’m still behind the wheel (artic these days) with seven years to go.

Things will get worse here before they get better.

fox

well went and got a job today… bulmers

out of ews at whitwood. a mixture of days and some nights out but mainly days.

£7.00 ph and after 40 hrs £9.47 ph and £12 something on sundays.

seems like a good set of lads down there and steady easy work.

ive still got a couple of jobs im waiting for to come up.

whats surprised me was the total lack of jobs in this area. i know mac’s have gone and pawson’s but there is just no work so im glad ive dropped on this job.

plus they have given me an x105f ssc 08 reg. :laughing: so that makes up for lack of money ( tongue in cheek comment )

also i want to say a great big thank you for all the pm’s of support and jobs avalible. so far me and the family have had a very difficult year so hopefully things might turn round now. :wink: :laughing:

all the best alex lets hope you dont have anymore troubles.and good luck mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done JD!!

Hope it goes well.

TC

thanks both of you. :wink:

Congrats JD especially in this present climate

Well Done! :laughing:

articfox:
We’ve been here before…andn then some.

In the early eighties the Manchester Evening NEws carried no ads. for HGV Drivers for a period of almost three years! There were no agencies back then and as they emerged towards the end of the recession they were the first to advertise.

At the time, newly qualified with a class two licence (three classes back then) I wrote to abyout fifty local companies and still have some of the dozen or so replies. Almost all dire, doom laden and negative.

I did get a job on groupage - a rigid loaded with about sixty drops…away all week almost and hard graft…also an element of some very good (one load all over GB) long distance work with fewer drops so it wasn’t all bad.

The rest is mystery…and despite further forays into other work I’m still behind the wheel (artic these days) with seven years to go.

Things will get worse here before they get better.

fox

Remember them times well, hope it dont go that bad this time round but it’s looking like it. Pay was crap back then as well, and youre right, there was hardly any agencies and the likes of Pertemps and Overdrive only wanted the most experienced blokes, remember that?

Best of luck with the new job. Hope it works out ok for you.