Time to get back in

Heard there is a driver shortage = good agency rates!

Time to do CQC and get back into the driving me thinks. Been 5+ years so need to do CPC.

Anyone done this online? and recommendations…

The current rates won’t last and soon be back to a tenner an hour again, so save your money and keep doing whatever you’re doing.

DCPCFML:
The current rates won’t last and soon be back to a tenner an hour again, so save your money and keep doing whatever you’re doing.

current rates even for short while will do me, hopefully rates will find a new benchmark higher than previous lows

DCPCFML:

Can’t see that happening to be honest. If anything wages will rise astronomically as we approach Christmas and I can’t see anything happening in 2022 to alter the situation. The EEs aren’t coming back, the overwhelming majority who left would have been perfectly legally entitled to stay but there’s virtually as much to be earned in Poland now without the ridiculous housing costs.

worker77:

Time to do CQC and get back into the driving me thinks. Been 5+ years so need to do CPC.

I’m in the same boat, just had my licence back after medical. I never thought I’d go back after 25 years of it!
But 4 years away and needs must…

For your CPC I’d recommend /vr-services.co.uk/

All online and cheapest I’ve found at £35 a module. I’m doing one a week.

! Go grandad!

JeffA:
! Go grandad!

have you heard of the equalities act? you might want to read up on it!

Richl:

worker77:

I’m in the same boat, just had my licence back after medical. I never thought I’d go back after 25 years of it!
But 4 years away and needs must…

cheers will check them out

worker77:

JeffA:
! Go grandad!

have you heard of the equalities act? you might want to read up on it!

Good luck to you pal - we are getting no younger any of us

Richl:

worker77:

I second that.
I used VR.
No waiting for a distant booking slot - in same week normally if required.
Cheapest I could find.
Very friendly.

vr-services.co.uk/

DCPCFML:

You sound like one of those bank adverts trying to trick customers into taking out fixed rate mortgages “cos rates are about to rise sharply” - when you actually pay a considerable premium over the current interest rate for taking out such a fixed rate…

Rates in fact, are going nowhere - something which I said a decade ago, and history has proven me right on.
In fact, it could even be argued that I got it wrong, as back then - I didn’t see rates dropping much below 0.5% - ever.
In this instance though - “being wrong” just made me even more money than I expected, or rather saved it - which any Jewish businessman will tell you “Is the easiest way to make money of all”… :bulb:

…“The housing market is about to collapse - prices are unsustainable at these levels” - said every year for the past five years as well…

To make the housing market “crash” - we need to see sharply higher interest rates.
Since that isn’t going to happen anytime soon - house prices will keep on rising.

Then we come to your suggestion that “rates will be back to a tenner per hour”…

SO - There must be an oversupply of drivers that’ll work for that low…
AND the work must dry up in what would be the biggest slump since the 1930’s…

AND the benefits system would have to cease, which currently rewards both Immigrant and Home-Grown worker alike for deliberately seeking UNDER Employment in today’s Post-Covid climate - but isn’t going to change neither!

Brexit - isn’t going to get reversed, even if by some mircale Starmer is still around to “win” the next general election…
I say “Win”, as he’ll be waxing lyrical that “having two more seats than the tories, and forced into a coalition with just about every other party OTHER than the Tories to become PM…” Makes his government anything other than trying to stand up pennies on the surface tension of a Pond…

SO… Where are all these drivers aching in their loins to work for ever-reducing rates, keen to resume that age-old race-to-the-bottom actually going to come from?

Winseer:
To make the housing market “crash” - we need to see sharply higher interest rates.
Since that isn’t going to happen anytime soon - house prices will keep on rising.

If, as seems likely, we enter an inflationary spiral then interest rates will rise.

I have a class 1.
£20 an hour wouldn’t get me to use it but let slip the dogs of self destruction to tell me “I” am the unrealistic elephant in the room.
Make hay while the sun shines boys.

Harry Monk:

Winseer:

If, as seems likely, we enter an inflationary spiral then interest rates will rise.

It is VERY hard to create inflation when deflation has been in evidence for two decades already…

Those at the top - lie to us that “wage inflation” is the enemy, when in fact, it is the cost of goods and services at the COUNTER that the public worry about “if they rise”, whist workers AT THE COUNTER - would clearly be delighted if their menial job actually came with some renumeration beyond minimum wage all the time…

just dangling carrots hoping the 60,000 unused valid class one licence holders will bite. they need to recognise drivers are a skilled vacancy and put the wages up and keep them up. still won’t solve the pee poor conditions that we all have to put up with on a weekly basis though…