This has got to be a joke

Just got this from a jobbuletin board. Notice the per hour amount
paterson-recruitment.co.uk/l … obs468.asp

That is a 7.5T wage, I used to get more driving for Sainsburys on a Sprinter Van. This could be driving for ASDA.

that is bloody awful mate

Sadly thats all I get paid for on class 2. Its grim up north…

Warren T. Claim:
Sadly thats all I get paid for on class 2. Its grim up north…

that would be ok in the SW too !

its a dam sight more than some of the adverts ive seen posted on here

You think £7.00 an hour is bad!

Well Driver Hire in Motherwell/Hamilton (Lanarkshire) are looking for Class 1 tipper drivers/ejector trailer drivers (advertising on Jobcentre Plus) for long term contracts in the Strathclyde area, and they are only paying the scandalous rate of £6.50 an hour!

Absolutely disgusting! Driver Hire ought to be ashamed! Legally, it’s unlikely I’d be allowed to say on this forum who the the two companies are that they are advertising on behalf of. However let me assure you of this, the drivers who actually work for these firms or on a far higher rate, doing the same job!

Driver Hire are deploying a cheap labour policy with this shameful behaviour…and they’re doing extremely well out of it! :imp: :imp:

There was a time (a long time ago!) when driving agencies served the needs of drivers too! Now they are manned mostly by fools, who know nothing about the industry and are only there to serve themselves and their clients.

PS; I managed to edit this post (two spelling mistakes) 9 hours after first I wrote it and since logged out! How did I manage that? :open_mouth: lol)

I did mention in another post that Driver hire were one of the few agencies that get newbies a chance - is the above job available to newbies or only experienced :question:

As a newbie told me yesterday - Better to have a low wage to get on the ladder than no chance at all.

True, better to have a job but if you’re in charge of an Artic with some serious weight behind it it is a responsible job and it should be correctly compensated. I’ve done some work for a few local agencys and they know that I will not work for them for less than £9ph. Taking a diabolical liberty and paying a ‘shameful’ wage should be treated as it deserves and when they call get the rate in writing(fax, email) before any job is started.
The same company is advertising another job but the rate has the dreaded ‘Circa’ before the £ sign, so it could be £9ph or less, doubt it if its any more.

ROG:
I did mention in another post that Driver hire were one of the few agencies that get newbies a chance - is the above job available to newbies or only experienced :question:

As a newbie told me yesterday - Better to have a low wage to get on the ladder than no chance at all.

Hi Rog.

I totally agree with you - some agencies in particular, give newbies a chance, and that has to be a good thing.

Although, Class 1 tipper work and especially ejector/walking floor work, are the wrong place for someone new to start. In saying that, I’m sure if they get the correct training - done with patience - they could manage it.
The Driver Hire advert in question doesn’t stipulate that experience is required, but it’s highly unlikely newbies would get a start with the two firms that Driver Hire are representing, as the work needs to be done efficiently, safely, and at speed!

The hourly rate of £6.50, absolutely does not reflect the responsibility being undertaken by any driver - regardless of his experience - when doing this kind of driving.