Honest job advertisement

:smiley:

Obviously written by an ex driver turned TM :wink:

If i was looking for agency iā€™d give them a ring, a refreshing outlook instead of the usual ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  most of then advertise.

Shame itā€™s in Scotland and too far away from me

Iā€™d certainly have a gander.

As the clown said, a refreshing approach using humour.

But after a few shifts we are usually a wise bunch and realise we are still getting shafted.

The range needs work. Ā£19-Ā£20ph would sound a lot more ā€œmotivationalā€ and ā€œwould be worth putting up withā€ for whatā€™s being requested of the driver here. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Ā£12-Ā£20 means you get Ā£12 for working weekday nights, and the Ā£20 is for bank holiday overtime when youā€™ve worked 40 hours that week already. ā€œNothing specialā€ in other words.
If Iā€™m wrong - then SAY itā€™s the higher range like I suggested above. Eg. the lowest pay you can get is ā– ā– ā–  - because itā€™ll always be the lowest end of the range that youā€™ll get as the bread and butter work. :bulb:

Itā€™s not the ā€œhardness of the workā€ that puts people off in the first few days - itā€™s the constant lies that try and trick you into maxing out your hours at the lower rates.

If it were all paid @ Ā£20ph right through - weā€™d be scooping up turds with our bare hands, cleaning the toilets, making the guvnorā€™s tea, and not expecting any ā€œgoing home earlyā€ for THAT money - right? :sunglasses: :bulb:

You are indeed RIGHT Winseer.

And I will tell you what else you are right aboutā€¦Amazon in Doncaster. Christ almighty, 3 hours there yesterday morning.

As far as Iā€™m concerned, thatā€™s the first hurdle passed, they are straight shooters.

If I was looking Iā€™d be all over it to see if the job matched my expectations.

Pity they are only in Scotland, although no idea whete their clients are. Do like the honesty although the wages range always makes me suspicious. Doubt thats for class 2.

Looks like their web site also has the same ad plus some slightly more normal, but still better written and honest ones.

As for Amazon, maybe we need a thread on dodgy RDCs like Doncaster Amazon site 3 (buried behind Morrisonā€™s) where 3 hours per pallet is normal, and Wincanton Corby who should win the award for most abnoxious office staff. Any agency including those as examples is worth a look.

trevHCS:
Wincanton Corby who should win the award for most abnoxious office staff.

Bloody hell they must be olympic standard ignoramusā€™s, for there is an awful lot of competition out there for such a desirable title :imp:

trevHCS:
Pity they are only in Scotland, although no idea whete their clients are. Do like the honesty although the wages range always makes me suspicious. Doubt thats for class 2.

Looks like their web site also has the same ad plus some slightly more normal, but still better written and honest ones.

As for Amazon, maybe we need a thread on dodgy RDCs like Doncaster Amazon site 3 (buried behind Morrisonā€™s) where 3 hours per pallet is normal, and Wincanton Corby who should win the award for most abnoxious office staff. Any agency including those as examples is worth a look.

I would assume itā€™s not for class2 since the advert is looking for class 1 drivers.

:unamused:

A.

On the full advert, they want class 1 & 2 driversā€¦

vr-services.co.uk/latest-jobs/

Goldfinger:

It also says the rates are from Ā£10-Ā£20, which we all know means Ā£10 almost all the time.
Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d call that rewarded handsomelyā€¦

a handsome uniform to show off that hard earned lorry driver physique,in my case would they do size big fat belly lol.

Evil8Beezle:

Goldfinger:

It also says the rates are from Ā£10-Ā£20, which we all know means Ā£10 almost all the time.

Iā€™m paid more than that. And I have security of employment. And a minimum every week.

(Even if I only work three daysā€¦ <8oD but donā€™t tell anybodyā€¦)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

truckman020:
a handsome uniform to show off that hard earned lorry driver physique,in my case would they do size big fat belly lol.

No probs - the handsome uniform will consist of a single high viz with the agency name stamped on itā€¦ along with the obligatory plastic carrier bag as an accessory. :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

Goldfinger:

ā€¦And then deduct holiday pay and employers NI from that amount!

123smith:

truckman020:

No probs - the handsome uniform will consist of a single high viz with the agency name stamped on itā€¦ along with the obligatory plastic carrier bag as an accessory. :wink:

iā€™m quite fussy though,if I was agency it would have to be a waitrose bag,nothing but the best

Even if it was ā€˜mainlyā€™ Ā£10 an hourā€¦

Round here, thatā€™s a FORTUNE!!! :open_mouth:

Always said, this governments ā€˜northern power houseā€™ thing ends at the M62ā€¦