yeah right !!

Saw this job being advertised by a agency, all my experiance of agencies, they promise the earth and give (zb) all. go on have a laugh :grimacing:

s1jobs.com/job/401393286.html

Tramping Bellshill Ā£932 per week plus travel, meal, phone and additional expenses

Please note: This vacancy is no longer advertised.

Itā€™s gist bellshill, yet they pay their own drivers Ā£511 per week for same work,no wonder the ft drivers are scunnered!!! Union unite take note and get off your aā€¦e and do what you proclaim to do and get better t&cā€™s before this ends up like curries Coatbridge where you tramp all week for Ā£428!!! FFs where does this madness stop.off for a lie down in a darkened room.ps if the agency is paying Ā£932 + benefits then what is thier cut.

i think thats Ā£932 before tax, agency work so a week at that wage then nothing for 3-4 weeks eh?

Will renew my class 1 and get my DCPC cert just in case this one crops up again (and pack my wishful thinking bag)

bee chris:
i think thats Ā£932 before tax, agency work so a week at that wage then nothing for 3-4 weeks eh?

Been ther over a year ft and its still the same agency guys in regular, donā€™t get me wrong good to the guys and they are decent lads trying to make a living, but I canā€™t understand why gist go down this route, is it because they donā€™t want the ft drivers to get equal t&cā€™s with other gist depotsā– ā– ? I understand rightly or wrongly that the idea of this primary operation was to cut the the wage bill of the secondary drivers doing the job which they had been happily doing for years and by keeping ft drivers at bellshill in low numbers does that then allow them to push the union to the side.i donā€™t know the answer but itā€™s still not right that a gist driver earns Ā£511 against agency driver earning Ā£932. As I said good luck to the lads as I was doing the same job prior to going ft with gist,under the pretence that the work would get quiet and I should take a ft job, ITā€™S NEVER BEEN BUSIER, still no fool like an old fool.

They advertise such figures to lure the unwary, anyone with an ounce of common realises that the gaffers pet, who does every lucractive shift and run going is the only one to have ever earned that amount, and he did it only once but it gets bandied about as the going rate.

It is a ploy to get you to ring up,so then they can offer a job that will not pay what they have advertised.
In agencies shop window`s,have you noticed they put the same job in the window display three times,two in the corner,and one in the front,to make out they have lots on offer when you walk past.
And the job centres have been caught placing repeat ads.

Juddian:
They advertise such figures to lure the unwary, anyone with an ounce of common realises that the gaffers pet, who does every lucractive shift and run going is the only one to have ever earned that amount, and he did it only once but it gets bandied about as the going rate.

I was doing the same job last year and grossing in excess of Ā£900 per week and I ainā€™t no teachers pet. 84 hrs over 6 days 4 nights out, youā€™ll easier top Ā£900.

A few years ago,an agency lad was shunting at a dairy in Chard Junction,doing back to back shifts,he told me what he was on,and it was a lot of money,odd shift patterns too.

houndcat:

Juddian:

I was doing the same job last year and grossing in excess of Ā£900 per week and I ainā€™t no teachers pet. 84 hrs over 6 days 4 nights out, youā€™ll easier top Ā£900.

Jesus wept, 84 hours, thats 2 weeks work in one, but fair play goes to prove it can be doneā€¦so much for the WTD to bring down the working week, how do you do that every week though?

Iā€™ll stick with 48 max for Ā£750 (salaried) and no nights out thanks.

Nice to see more evidence that it CAN be done eh?

Iā€™m fed up with being ridiculed for suggesting there are loads of Ā£500pw jobs around that ā€œno one wantsā€ (me included) because weā€™re holding out for the Ā£750 with no nights out! FFS thatā€™s what my last FT job was, and I left that!

Itā€™s all about what shifts you can do. If youā€™re strictly a 9-5er, monday-friday then youā€™re probably visiting the jobcentre more than most.

Prepared to work funny shifts? - Just how good is the ā€œgolden triangleā€ even in these hard times? :open_mouth:

Gist - A job?

ā€¦I dispair at the way they still imply that ā€œ6 points is okā€, ā€œJohnny come lately okā€ and of course "CU80 objected to, but CD90 not? FFS!

ā€œThatā€™s great pal. No mobile phone convictions - just the candidate we need! Oh, no need to worry about that bus queue you mowed down in the uninsured cab working a 19 hour shift, and leaving the scene of the accident afterwouldsā€¦ā€.

One of these days weā€™re going to see DVLA issuing OF40 codes (thumping office waller in the face, after dreadful disappointment)? :smiling_imp:

ā€œOF10ā€ could be ā€œusing harsh language at the office staffā€ upto ā€œOF90ā€ putting them in hospital. :confused: :unamused: