Thinking of going back?

Hi folks,Im a new member and have really appreciated a site like this with loads of info and great suggestions some a"wee" bit cheeky from senior members, you know who you are!!!.

So to my topic, I did the continent years ago with Curries and and local lad here in Scotland. As my twilight years are near, I still have a mind to return to the tramping for a time. Two companies I have been speaking with and are a possibility, Boyles and PC Hamilton. Can any of you knowledgeable people give me some info on these two. So far the feedback on Boyles has been scary . PC H has been ok so far.

rgds josier

I used to work for them,2 weeks on then weekend at home,all trucks have fridge/microwave etc,very image concious,alot of the continental work is meat groupage so mulidrop,but they will not allow bent running,o have alot of time for Phillip and Colin,maintanance tip top,the money wasn’t the best,but that could of changed as I’ve been away over a year,hope this helps !

Thanks for that, You have confirmed what an old pal Peter who worked for them,then moved to valecia was telling me.

Boyles are no longer scary I hear, but the wages are no longer WOW either.
(Although they weren’t that WOW, IMHO. Only going by stories, I’ve never driven for them)

Interesting update on Boyles. I was at our redundancy night out on Friday with a few of the Somerfield (Wincanton) drivers when lo and behold three of us got phone calls from Boyle wanting us to go to Italy on Saturday morning. I think they are struggling for drivers. Neadless to say we all had a few shandys so on this occasion the answers were thanks but no thanks.