Thinking of buying a truck...advice needed

hello thinking of buying a truck something like daf lf,iveco eurocargo etc do you think its a good idea? where i can find work with truck like this,whats the insurance costs,maintenance costs etc? i have 4k to spent and i have full time job as a dustcar driver (20k a year) but this job is a pain so thinking about self eployed advices please guys…cheers

these are getting a bit boring now :unamused: , but if you are serious i,ll swap as i,ve always fancied being a binman

so you wish to drag bins from 6.30 am up to 2-3 pm in rain or in roasting sun,or jumping in and out every 15 meters or revesing in winter when is so dark in very narrow streets etc your choice but you didnt give me an answer anyway…

jokerski28:
hello thinking of buying a truck something like daf lf,iveco eurocargo etc do you think its a good idea? where i can find work with truck like this,whats the insurance costs,maintenance costs etc? i have 4k to spent and i have full time job as a dustcar driver (20k a year) but this job is a pain so thinking about self eployed advices please guys…cheers

NO!!!

because you have obviously not done your homework

you will need £8100 just to satisfy VOSA for your operating licence

the maintenance costs will depend on what you buy, the older it is, the more it will cost to repair, some vehicles are more expensive on parts than others, how good are you with the spanners?

insurance costs will depend on what type of work you are doing

seriously, if you have £4000 to spend, go on a fantastic holiday and change your job and go work for another company!!!

my gosh 8100 just for start so i can forgot about it then cheers

Poor attempt at fishing. :neutral_face: Boring.

Why not buy a 'plane and start an airline? If you don’t know about 'planes just go on a pilots forum and ask.

Jokerski28? Mmmm…

Rob, where are you? :laughing:

Ken.