Them chinese arn't daft!

every body knows about the collapse of rover and how the chinese company that were “trying” to buy it was their last hope before they pulled out of the deal at the last minute leaving rover with no choice but to go into receivership with the loss of thousands of jobs not only at the plant but also at all the engineering companies that made parts for them but now the dust has settled and the goverment has virtually washed it’s hands of the whole thing, the same chinese firm comes back in and offers the receiver t’pence nothing for the firm lock, stock n barrel, saving it’s self millions in the process and of coarse getting complete control of the company and it’s assets!
is it just me or has a brittish firm just been shafted under the nose of the goverment?
if i was cynical i’d say one or two might just have known what was on the cards!

unfortunately this thread has been moved because the powers that be don’t consider that it’s to do with trucking, obviously they don’t realise just how much haulage was involved in and out of longbridge and how many drivers are now facing the dole! :unamused:

yeah, but you buy one rover,then day later you want another one?

don’t think i’ve said it on here before, but march 2004 a german forwarder who we deal with rang to ask where we could take 120te press bodies to out of “birmingham” under special order regulations - due to complex rules i won’t go into i told him it entirely depends where from exactly, south brum would probably be avonmouth or newport and north brum would be ellesmere port, he was cagey at first but then admitted origin was longbridge and they were for a chinese client…

the whole “takeover” stage managed? all planned from the start? you make up your own minds :frowning:

I disagree with the view that the government should have got involved with Rover, I know lots of jobs were lost but it’s not their job to bail out any private company.

no, but it is deffinately their job to protect brittish workers from what is basically a scam, which has no doubt put some seriouse money in some high ranking pockets!
it’s all a bit to coincidental if you ask me.

paul b:
no, but it is deffinately their job to protect brittish workers from what is basically a scam, which has no doubt put some seriouse money in some high ranking pockets!
it’s all a bit to coincidental if you ask me.

Yes, I would agree with you here.