The Zenobia Ferry

Hi Moonraker,If you google “zenobia ferry diasaster” you should come up with some good pics,i have found to many to count ,best of luck Paul.

Hi Moonraker, I dont know where the maiden voyage story came from as I sailed on her on a few occasions. From Volos to Tartous and Tartous to Patras and Koper to Tartous. She was about six month’s old when she sunk off Cyprus and as the story went at the time she was running low on ballast as the three sister ships were having a competition on who was getting the best fuel consumption. as she changed course going round Cyprus the computer supposedly switched on the wrong pumps pumping the ballast the wrong way . She then developed such a list that the trucks in the holds slid sideway’s which created such a list that they abandoned ship. One of the driver’s that I know who was on board was Robert Hobbs who i think still works for Hicks of south wales He was driving a brand new scania 111 which was never seen again. Regard’s Jamie.

A Scot lost in the Valley’s

M&C Jamie:
Hi Moonraker, I dont know where the maiden voyage story came from as I sailed on her on a few occasions. From Volos to Tartous and Tartous to Patras and Koper to Tartous. She was about six month’s old when she sunk off Cyprus and as the story went at the time she was running low on ballast as the three sister ships were having a competition on who was getting the best fuel consumption. as she changed course going round Cyprus the computer supposedly switched on the wrong pumps pumping the ballast the wrong way . She then developed such a list that the trucks in the holds slid sideway’s which created such a list that they abandoned ship. One of the driver’s that I know who was on board was Robert Hobbs who i think still works for Hicks of south wales He was driving a brand new scania 111 which was never seen again. Regard’s Jamie.

A Scot lost in the Valley’s

Bobby Hobbs rang me a few weeks ago after I asked some former M/E drivers to ring me through T & D.He does not work for Hicks now,I think it’s some firm in the Gloucester area.