Trucks on the wreck of the MV Zenobia

Some footage of the MV Zenobia that sank on her maiden voyage in about 40m of water just off Larnaka , Cyprus.

Anyone recognise any of the trucks?

There is a PIE International tarp in there somewhere…

youtu.be/flwYHXPHorE

Top quality film! Thanks for the link!

Yes I have posted on here before but never got any response, the scania is owned by a good friend of mine his name is Mervyn John who probably covered the middle east and beyond for around ten years from the middle sixties .

ANDREWDAX:
Yes I have posted on here before but never got any response…

Clear off Andrew.

Only joking :laughing: . IIRC, there was an article on one of the comics, not long after the boat went down. The lorries were all in good condition then. It is fascinating, as the years roll by, looking at successive photographs of them gradually being absorbed back into nature. They are lasting better than most 1970’s wagons did on land :laughing: . Was your mate’s Scania the white one?

Still processing the video footage from the lower deck, unfortunately the viz is not so good, will post it when available

WOW, great bit of film, thanks. I’m off now to google this event.

Well, that didn’t take long. Good old Wikipedia. I like this photo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Zenobia?wprov=sfsi1

Here’s a good documentary with some good dive shots of the trucks which are quite recognisable at around the 16 minute mark. youtu.be/PJDw2qQdSOc

I get claustrophobia just watching him go down that shaft in the opening scene!

John.

Just back from 4 days of diving on the Zenobia . Trucks & trailers on enclosed lower deck in surprisingly good condition with a lot of lights,steering wheels ,windscreens ,badges etc still intact.
This maybe due to the fact that most divers do not visit the lower deck as zero natural light & tricky entrance/exit.
Also saw the captains Lada & a Lansing forklift .
An incredible place & I’m sure I’ll return to dive there sometime in the future as just so much to see .

Zenobia:
Just back from 4 days of diving on the Zenobia . Trucks & trailers on enclosed lower deck in surprisingly good condition with a lot of lights,steering wheels ,windscreens ,badges etc still intact.
This maybe due to the fact that most divers do not visit the lower deck as zero natural light & tricky entrance/exit.
Also saw the captains Lada & a Lansing forklift .
An incredible place & I’m sure I’ll return to dive there sometime in the future as just so much to see .

Hey Zenobia, sturdy and cool done diving there, i 'm Always interested in that painfull sinking ship, it must be awful to think that your wagen is still there and you nothing can do… :slight_smile:

Eric,

Hi Eric . I don’t have a lorry at the bottom of the Med !
Enjoy diving on ship wrecks & the ‘Zen’ is an incredible site .

ace vid,though i was waiting for a mega moray eel or a conger to come round the corner all the time!!! :smiley: