The Hauliers' wish-list for 2009

saw this link

i like no 4 and 5 from Robert Wilcox, managing director of Massey Wilcox

del

i wouldn’t mind 3,4 and 5. As if that’ll happen

i like the way stobarts were just looking out for thier company [zb] every one else!

Unsubtle censor dodge removed. L.

when Tinkler was saying us (Stobbies)
by implication it would also apply to other companies doing similiar work
vis a vis Ceva use same trucks on Nissan and Disney contract

yesterday my agency phone call was Disney 1100 start from Nissan
so car to Nissan then truck to Disney paid from arrival at Nissan

mr tinklers effort was a bit me me me "Do more to encourage retailers to share their transport and logistic requirements. This would help us increase our utilisation — which in Stobart’s fleet is now 84% "in reality the greedy get wants 100% so [zb] everyone else :unamused:

If it needs creative spelling, it’s not allowed. Go read the rules YOU signed up to. L.

I liked what most of them said, and the moron from stobies can go do unpleasant things with a 45 foot trailer and a Russian driver…

Stobarts man knows something i dint know. Empty loads? Surely if its empty it ain’t a load?

Seems to me they ■■■■■ more than us. What is wrong with the W.T.D.by the way?
Cap the hours then they need more drivers then they need to pay more. Supply and demand they keep telling US!

allikat:
I liked what most of them said, and the moron from stobies can go do unpleasant things with a 45 foot trailer and a Russian driver…

That will be the “multi millionaire” moron alison… :unamused:

JB:

allikat:

That will be the “multi millionaire” moron alison… :unamused:

Stop trying to ruin a good whinge with such irrelevant things as facts!! :open_mouth: :smiley: :laughing:

Andrew.Tinkler of Stobarts has a ■■■■■■■ cheek saying there should be more grants for rail and water use !!!

He as had £4.5 million for land at Widnes plus massive rail grants UK wide when no one else can get them !!!

MR VAIN:
Stobarts man knows something i dint know. Empty loads? Surely if its empty it ain’t a load?

Maybe he’d slipped into “container talk”. A skelly with an empty box on is “loaded empty” in our world. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

bionic:
Seems to me they ■■■■■ more than us. What is wrong with the W.T.D.by the way?
Cap the hours then they need more drivers then they need to pay more. Supply and demand they keep telling US!

The haulage companies would love to see a return to the non tach days too, when people were being killed left right and centre by tired drivers ramping up their overtime. If people were paid a living wage they wouldn’t need to graft like donkeys to turn a shilling.

Giblsa:
i like the way stobarts were just looking out for thier company [zb] every one else!

And why shouldnt they? And with the amount of subbies they have in at the moment they are hardly just looking after themselves, as most of these would be parked up with no work and a bleak xmas for their drivers.

The 84% utilisation means that only 16% of the miles clocked up by the 2000+ trucks is empty unpaid mileage, not that they are trying to get 100% of the industry!