thats me

hi , just thought id introduce myself to you people,
Just joined the site
Ive been driving class one for the last seven months after deciding to change my direction in life.
Spent years running my own business and not really liking it much.
Got to forty and thought id go and do what ive always wanted to do and thats drive trucks.sold up and passed third attempt.
Im doing ok and doing the agency thing and getting 3 maybe 4 nights a week.
Mainly small supermarket stuff, which can be hard for a new comer with a 44ft trailer :blush:
But i try to do night drops so i can gain experience without putting the public at risk :laughing:.
The learning curve has been bloody steep but im getting there.
And i love it most of the time and havent looked back.
Anyway hi to you all and i hope to become a regular here.

Hi olly :smiley:

Welcome m8

I was in much the same position as yourself i had a very good computer business but not much of a life, so i sold out , paid the mortgage off and wondered what to do next .I did a bit of driving when i was younger so off i went to have some training and the nice men gave me a licence to drive bigger things :smiley:

I am home every night and the lads i work with are a nice buch so all is well , oh and i actualy like what i do :smiley:

Good for you fella’s!

I’ve been a truck driver since 1987 (class1) and loved every second of it! I always wanted to drive huge trucks and from a very young age I only ever wanted to either of 2 things with my life.

The other thing I’d always wanted to have a go at was being a policeman. I joined in 2001 and had a couple of reasonable(ish) years to start with. I soon realised that I didn’t really like it but stuck it out another few years to see if it improved. It didn’t.
I’ve left the police now and I’m back into truck driving. I can’t begin to tell you how de-stressed and happy I am now I’m back doing the job I love so much (even though the hours are longer and the pay is less).

Call me a sad knacker, but I reckon you should be happy at work, it makes you the person you are.

Welcome to the site BTW!

yeah ive gotta say i love it, but i always knew i would .
All my mates had super cars on their wall when we were kids but i always had the big american rigs, the only thing i regret is that i left it till forty…but to be honest i didnt have the money to train till this late in life and we all know it aint cheap.
But im not sure ive picked the right start…this supermarket stuff can be real tuff in terms of revervsing into tight lanes and access to very small town stores.
I had no goods driving experience and went straight to class one which maybe was not the best idea.
Dont get me wrong i love it. …but at times it is beyond my capability.
I think maybe i should have gone to a big supermarket or night trunking.
Its getting better but boy do i sweat sometimes :laughing: and the store manager :laughing:
Nice to meet you guys…olly

Theres not a week that goes by that i dont get one or two Nightmare jobs , and i bet a lot of the lads and lasses on here feel the same, but after a few years those jobs that got us twisting in the stomach all feel sort of the norm, and that all comes down to experiance, there’s no substitute for it , keep plodding on and it will all come together.

When i started i was promised a new vehicle, what i got was a left hand drive 600,000 mile iveco (Italian company, Italian truck) :open_mouth: , i was handed the keys and told you will be ok :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Took me a month or two but till this day i would much rather drive a left ■■■■■■ but to start with it was the devils spawn :wink:

Always positive thoughts, well it worked for me