Relative new driver

Morning all,
Ive just joined so thought i would come and say hello,i came back to transport last summer after a 10 years plus break,i currently drive a 7.5 ton curtainsider for a small haulage company in south east london primarily on palletways work but occasionally im let loose on some general loads :grimacing: , after working hard for 7 months the boss has offered to sub me the money for my class 2 test which im taking soon hopefully and hope to take class 1 in the future…im often asked why i drive a truck and i just say because i enjoy it despite the crappy days now and again.

So hello to all and thanks for reading my waffle

Joe

Hi mate and welcome :smiley:
Im sure that on this site you will find all the advice neaded when you coe to take the step up To LGV C .
All the Best Roy

Nice one Joe, welcome to the forum and good luck with your class 2 training :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome. Glad you’ve impressed your gaffer enough for him to stump up the training fees initially. All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

littletrucker1978:
Ive just joined so thought i would come and say hello, …

Hi littletrucker1978,

It sounds like you’re working for a decent boss, so I think if I were you, I’d take him up on his offer. :wink:

littletrucker1978:
So hello to all and thanks for reading my waffle

That wasn’t waffle mate, actually it was a great first post!! :smiley:

Hiya an welcome

+1 your boss sounds like a good un

Good luck with your training and don’t be afraid to come an ask us questions we all bin there :wink:

Jen x

Thanks to all for the welcome,
Im certainly taking the boss up on his offer,ive been there 8 months so far and have done evrything asked of me within legal hours etc and have had plenty of good feedback from customers.

Im sure i will be asking plenty of questions… :grimacing:

i will be asking plenty of questions

Bring it on! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi there littletrucker1978!

Nice to have you onboard mate! :smiley:

Like others have said, it sounds like you are lucky to have a good boss, but by the same token you have obviously done enough to impress him in order for him to make the offer. So well done there mate and may I wish you all the very best with your cat C training. Don’t forget to keep us all posted with your progress including some photos if poss.

Cheers! :sunglasses:

thanks again for all the welcomes,
The boss came to me and offered and said we want you to stay with us as you’ve impressed everyone,i know a local trainer that is highly recommended (has trained a couple of my colleagues) and ive had my medical so sent my d4 etc off last week…i shall keep you posted :sunglasses:

Joe

littletrucker1978:
… ive had my medical so sent my d4 etc off last week…i shall keep you posted :sunglasses:

Nice one mate! We all look forward to it. :sunglasses:

howdy folks,just passed my class c after driving a 7.5 tonne for 8 years,thought i’d come and parlay with some proper truckers

welcome tinlegwayne :grimacing:

tinlegwayne:
howdy folks,just passed my class c after driving a 7.5 tonne for 8 years,thought i’d come and parlay with some proper truckers

Hi there tinlegwayne!

Welcome onto the forum and Congratulations on the cat C licence upgrade mate. Any plans on going onto getting the C+E?