Thank You To A Driver, Wherever You Are

I have just had a 'phone call to say that a mate of mine tried to end it all a couple of days ago.

He drove his car to Hams Hall and put a pipe up the exhaust pipe of his car.

Hams Hall, to any-one that does not know is a large distribution area, just off the M6 / M42, with no houses or shops anywhere.

Apparently, the ambulance service got to him just in time. The reason?

A TRUCK DRIVER found him.

He had to be resucitated and he is now in a mental health unit in Solihull.

Sorry to put such a sad post on here, but I would like to say Thank You to the driver that found him and called the Emergency Services.

If you are a TruckNet member, please send me a P/M.

Cheers,

Niall.

Hope he make’s a full recovery.Well done to the driver that found him. :wink:

Cheers Jim. I am still in shock about the whole thing.

I have been trying to remember which firms pull out of Hams Hall.

From memory there is B.M.W., there used to be a Land Rover storage yard, and a large Rail Hub for containers at the end of the estate.

A pal is paying him a visit to-morrow.

The driver that found him saved his life.

Cheers.

NIALL.

Niall:
Cheers Jim. I am still in shock about the whole thing.

I have been trying to remember which firms pull out of Hams Hall.

From memory there is B.M.W., there used to be a Land Rover storage yard, and a large Rail Hub for containers at the end of the estate.

A pal is paying him a visit to-morrow.

The driver that found him saved his life.

Cheers.

NIALL.

There is also Stobarts on the Nestle Purina contract, Sainsburys RDC and a couple of others too.

Hope your mate is ok though, let us know

Hi Niall,

A sad story but could have had a much worse ending.

Hope he’s better soon…

Us truck drivers ain’t such a bad bunch at all…

The majority of truck movements are DHL ,SAINSBURY’S and TRADETEAM …

personally i don’t think it’s a sad story - it could well have been a very sad story but luckily it isn’t.
are the knights of the road returning i wonder, has the focus on delivery schedules instead of camararderie been altered?
i hope your friend makes a very full recovery and can look back at this episode in life and determine that death isn’t a way out.
life is too precious to be extinguished so lightly.

I hope your mate is ok and he makes a full
recovery and Well done to the driver that
found him

Nial, glad to hear that your friend was helped ,and wish him a speedy recovery, give him the regards of all of us here,

a added point ,this shows that people do stil care as well.

Nial, apart from Sainsbury’s and Stobarts, there is a container depot on Hams Hall. Also a Birds Eye Walls depot. I was on there myself only last night loading out of Birds Eye. You also have an awful lot of foreign trucks delivering to BE. It is, in fact, a very busy industrial area.

Thanks for all the replies.

I will let you know how he is.

Cheers,

NIALL.

I’m sure Securicor had a depot at hams hall Niall.

Just a Quick up-date to all that replied.

My mate has now been de-sectioned and is now an out-patient.

Along with the usual medicine, he is trying to get his life back to-gether.

I have given him a few word’s of advice ( :imp: ).

Thanks again to the Driver who found him.

To any-one who thinks that they have to end it all, think again.

Talk to your mates, talk to the Samaritans, talk to any-one.

It is only by talking to people that you can solve your problems.

Cheers,

NIALL. ( It’s not that bad :exclamation: )

Niall. I wish your freind the best of luck, from my experience of this type of thing, he will need friends like never before, but there will be times when it will be very hard to stay friends with him as he hits the pits of depression and doesn’t want to see anybody, but you must percivere he may try annoy you in an atempt to get you to stop calling so he can convince himself that even his best freinds have abandoned him.
My mate is much better then he was 5 years ago when he tried to end it, but there are days he’s really bad. However he has plenty of good mates who have rallied round and kept him sorted.
One of them even took him shooting :open_mouth: when he came out of hospital, his Mental Health Nurse had a fit when he heard, but a day out did cheer my mate up, as did the happy the hospital gave him.