Thank you to a Knight of the Road

Many thanks to the driver who was westbound on the congested A14 near Yelvertoft at about 2:10 pm on the 17th December, The car I was driving lost its clutch or broke a drive shaft so there was no power at all to the driving wheels.

The driver of the wagon next to me realised that I had a problem and probably saved my life. As soon as he saw my hazard warnings flashing he slowed down and made a space in the LH lane for me to get into and, fortunately, there was a layby that I just had enough momentum to reach. It couldn’t have happened in a better place!

I’d just like to say, thank you very much, again, sir.

Alex

Most of us truckers are good folk, was there a company name on the lorry ?

bald bloke:
Most of us truckers are good folk, was there a company name on the lorry ?

Unfortunately, I was too busy staying alive to notice!

For all the flack truck drivers get, I must admit most can be the angels of the road…if that doesn’t damage their manly / womanly-ness too much. :slight_smile:

Had exactly the same thing happen to me near Derby a few years ago on a major A road. CV joint went coming off a roundabout and completely lost all drive so car starts to slow very rapidly. Looked in the mirror and there’s two arctics following side by side behind me and accelerating. Hit the hazards and they both immediately hit the brakes, thus blocking anything else and gave me lots of room to cruise into the side of the road.

You might not be able to thank them directly Brer Rabbit, but hopefully karma will look favourably on them.

Agreed, there are some good 'uns.Puncture on my CARAVAN ( I know its a hated word on here!) caused a snake as I overtook a lorry on M6. Said lorry driver realised what had happened and pulled into lane two with hazards on, slowed all traffic behind, giving me room to manouver quietly and carefully onto the shoulder with no drama. Impossible to thank him, but he was a true gentleman.