Tesco @ Nursling Soton

Hi

Does anyone know what the above are like to work for, in terms of money / hours / vacancies etc?

Have personally experienced some horrendous delays at other Tesco RDCs but I figure they can’t treat their own drivers as badly as they’re paying their wages. Or am I being naive?? :open_mouth:

I know of an agency thats got their foot in the door there but am a bit dubious as to going on to agency work due to a rather large and scary mortgage that I am about to take out!

Any info greatly appreciated. :wink:

this is one of the better places to tip,when i was doing pork(flagship meats,now tulip)this was on average a twenty min turnround,and was treated with respect.
it might be one of the quieter rdc’s,as for the staff they seem ok ,pay?

best of luck

mark

I used to tip fruit & veg there. They were freindly & fast. Another one was Sainsburys @ Bristol if that helps…?

I used to do a bit of agency for Tesco out of Chepstow which is Exel & Magor which is run by Tesco (I think).

They were always great to work for (if you could put up with a day cab). Very orginised, loads of time & you were always given a laminated card with a map, written directions & a risk assesment for every store you delivered to. Every store had a loading bay or scissor lift & there was always at least one person to help you unload.

As you would expect from a company like Tesco everything was done to the highest standard & saftey was paramount.

If there’s nothing else about I’d go for it.

I had a good friend who worked there full time through an agency for 6 years - she only left because of a personal falling out. This was a good 4 years ago mind, so there’d be little point in talking about the money as it’ll have changed by now…although it was above average for the area even then.

She rarely did more than 9-10 hours, and the office etc. were all a good bunch - at the time the only way in was through the agency, but again that may have changed.

One thing she did say at the time is that even though the money’s better as a temp, you’re best placed going direct as soon as you can, as they very definately gave their own drivers preference when it came to work etc (which is how it should be)…although the fact that she temped full-time for as long as she did goes to show just how many are wanting to get in there and how few left.

Oh, and I know the warehouse staff were on annulised hours, which puts many people off - in which case stay on the agency. Not sure if that applies to the drivers though.

Rather old info, but hope it is of some help.

Ps. She was less than 5ft tall and weighed about 6 stone, as well as being a self confessed lazy cow, so it’s not what you’d call hard work (Gurner’s met her and will back me up here…we were both on TEPS when knew her, and he knocked on her door one day looking for me.)

Lucy:
Ps. She was less than 5ft tall and weighed about 6 stone, as well as being a self confessed lazy cow, so it’s not what you’d call hard work (Gurner’s met her and will back me up here…we were both on TEPS when knew her, and he knocked on her gammon doors one day looking for me.)

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Pmsl. Glad the one track mind is still in action mate, despite it all. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: