Taylor Hughes agency info please

Taylor Hughes (agency) have an advert in the local paper (Hull Daily Mail) tonight wanting all grades of drivers (Class1, 2, 7.5t, van).
Haven’t had chance to ring them yet, so was wondering…

Anyone know anything about them or worked for them?
What type of work/firms do they have on their books?

Thanks for any help

havent seen the ad, but when i see an ad like that im warey as it usually means that theyre casting their net for drivers, before theyve actually got anywork to offer em, especially at this time of year in the run up to the xmas period, every agy will be promising drivers work that isnt actually there atm. and using the old addige, If the job is advertised, it usually isnt worth bothering about. As a lot of the regular agy drivers will know which agy`s HAVE got the work ongoing

peirre:
havent seen the ad, but when i see an ad like that im warey as it usually means that theyre casting their net for drivers, before theyve actually got anywork to offer em, especially at this time of year in the run up to the xmas period, every agy will be promising drivers work that isnt actually there atm. and using the old addige, If the job is advertised, it usually isnt worth bothering about. As a lot of the regular agy drivers will know which agy`s HAVE got the work ongoing

I’m getting cheesed off with my agency. They’ve just lost a big contract and drivers are leaving by the droves. So they’re advertising big style, but it’s all vague as to what is on offer. (Apart from 2 other decent size contracts the rest is the poor quality ■■■ nobody wants).

So I phoned a couple of reputable (by word of mouth) agencies to see what they were offering only to hear the usual drivel;

“We’ve got plenty of work, no probs. We can set you up with something straight away.”

“Such as?”

“Oh we can’t discuss that over the phone, you’ll have to come in for an interview. Erm…who are you with at present?”

“Sorry, can’t discuss that over the phone. Erm…how much work do your drivers get during January - March? 1 day a week, 2, 3 maybe”

“Oh no, all our drivers are working full time all year round”

“That sounds brilliant - can you put that in writing for me?”

Suddenly there’s no banter, just stunned silence.

“erm…no we couldn’t do that - it’s not company policy”

Stan

i had a similar situation thursday, im on the phone to the agy re-confirming a booking, and I can here in the background, one of the other agy staff on the phone to a prospective driver, hes saying "Oh yes, were snowed under with work, infact 1 of our sites were at least 12 drivers short, come down and sign up, and well get you out there"
so when the woman get back to me and tells me MY details for fri, I jokingly tell her to tell him to stop lying … why? because if they had all these shortages of drivers, why was I out of work weds?

REMEMBER theres very little difference in the volume of lies and deciept told to you by any of these:
A double glazing salesman
A timeshare salesman
An agency office

anyone care to speculate on who lies the most :unamused: :unamused:

I have only worked for there rotherham branch
in 2005 and would not recommend them also
spoke to other drivers who dont recommend
them for similar reasons. Hourly rate low, the
office staff argued with each other and did not
pass messages on. They took me off there
books without telling me for taking another job
for another agency with higher pay who offered
me work first and a few weeks later sent me a
letter saying would I like to register again with
them and why I left but it was there head office
who sent it not my branch. A driver who I spoke
to said they took him off there book without telling
him when he complained about the super visor
leaving a door open resulting in his phone getting stolen
and knowone willing to do anything.

The contracts where for argos Scunthorpe, tuffnells
sheffield, flying sandwich maker worksop, mastercare.
They dont mind you having no references and a driver
I drivers mated for had been disqualified in the past for
drink driving and still had a few issues.