Any other agency lads

anyone from the west yorks area signed up wi any decent agencys? if so u getting much work outa them ive just bn offerd a job in manchester for tomoz 20 drops round north wales for 6.00 a hour ive refused it because it just a waste of time by the time ive drven there n back im only gunna earn 40 quid so no point

not being rude…but what class of wheels is that…6 quid :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …There’s plenty to watch on BBC Iplayer!!!

SuperSmiley:
not being rude…but what class of wheels is that…6 quid :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …There’s plenty to watch on BBC Iplayer!!!

thats just on a van but im class 1 adr so thats really what im looking to be employed as just seems a waste of time spending the money to go through the various tests and not using the qualifications youve earned

hyper26:
im only gunna earn 40 quid so no point

however crap it is …its £40 more than the £0 your now getting tommorrow

hyper26:
for 6.00 a hour ive refused it

As much as I hate turning jobs down, in fact any job how bad it is, it will come to a point where you`ll start taking the jobs, or the agency will stop phoning you.

The situation with agency work atm is so dire, they`re now seeking work further afield

Surely the agencies in Manchester will have tried their local drivers first, so I assume that those drivers had refused it before it was offered to west yorks.
i thought that most agencies would, if desperate, pay some travelling expenses to help.

I’d prob drive a van if i was stuck for cash for £6 p/h better than nothing, but then again in this weather having to travel to get there prob wouldnt bother.

Rather not take my car out get some numbnuts crash into me on ice for £6 per hour.

As I posted elsewhere, its a hard balancing act, to decide wether to turn work down and ultimately not recieve calls for work from the agency in the long term. Or bite the bullet an accept the odd job that leaves a sour taste in your mouth, but puts only beer money in your pocket, if only to get yourself another notch up the pecking order within your agency.
Ive done stuff I would normally turn my nose up to, inc trade plating new cars north - south, picking up tractor units that have been de-hired. and many other non cream jobs. Im not having a go at anyone …only a individual can decide what jobs are right for them

del949:
Surely the agencies in Manchester will have tried their local drivers first, so I assume that those drivers had refused it before it was offered to west yorks.

Some agencies have multiple branches accross the country, and may offer the job to another branch before subbing the job out to a 2nd tier agency within the same area.

The OP stated that he`d spent the cash on adr etc.
around 6 months ago I spoke to my agency while considering wether it was worth while undertaking my adr as part of the cpc. primarily I asked 2 questions.

1. what demand is there thru the agency for adr?
    they have only had 1 enquiry for adr in 2 1/2 years
  2. how much extra p/hr does it pay?
    nothing … no one is willing to pay the extra premium in the current ecomomic climate
    in the past it only ever attracted 50p+ p/hr …
    which means youd need to do a hell of a lot of shifts/hours to recoup the money youve spent.
    TBh I`ve had adr in the past, and it expired, never once needed it either

Somethings better than nowt at the moment and often leads to other stuff. I got asked back for rubbish multidrops arond Hull and eventually got paid class 2 rate when it was only 7.5 tonner cos no one else wanted it on Friday afternoon. The employers are just so glad that anyone turns up so you don’t even have to bust a gut. Great Fun.

Got a days agency work tomorrow in Hatfield,class 1,first days work of the year ( hope it doesnt get snowed off )not bothered what I drive,tbh,beggars can’t be choosers and all that.