Tarmac tippers - talk to me

Well they don’t actually talk to me, but might be going on them so what can I expect?
Good job, bad job something inbetween?

Your turn… talk to me.

Manchester based.

Have a look at this bloke he use to do tarmac

youtube.com/user/LukeCuss01/videos

My big mate moved off class 1 back onto the tar. Lots of running between tar plants and dealing with the brain dead of society who think they are something with their high viz and shovel in hand. Seems like they treat you like ■■■■■ aswell when you are at the roadworks. Wouldn’t sorry couldn’t be me as i couldn’t hold my tongue. He likes it as its M-F but think like everything it will have its moments where you would gladly do time for dragging some plonker round the side of your tipper.

Nowt wrong with carting coated, I did it for 20+ years. It’s steady work, just accept that you will always be either early or late, do what the gangs tell you and take a good book, you can be sitting waiting for hours on end at both the plant and on site. :wink:

Pete.

When you turn up late on a second load, or there’s been a holdup with the Barber-Greene (or whatever they are now) do they still sign the ticket and tell you to ‘get rid of it, Drive’?

Steve

Ste46:
When you turn up late on a second load, or there’s been a holdup with the Barber-Greene (or whatever they are now) do they still sign the ticket and tell you to ‘get rid of it, Drive’?

Steve

When I finished back in 2002 Steve the quarries paid you half haulage rate on any unwanted tarmac that you returned to the plant. If you only had couple of tonnes they still paid half rate on 17 tonnes (six wheeler load) so it paid you sometimes to be the ‘last load’ on the job! :laughing:

Pete.

First day out went well, never been loaded so quick with 20 tons though :laughing:

Honked:
First day out went well, never been loaded so quick with 20 tons though :laughing:

Ah. Loading under the chute?

“Ready?! REVERSE!” Done.

W

woofgang:

Honked:

Ah. Loading under the chute?

“Ready?! REVERSE!” Done.

W

Can you understand what they’re saying over the tannoy? when i used to go with dad as a kid i could never make out what they were saying, few years ago i was threatened with having to go and pick some up with a site dumper, road legal, luckily i never did!

windrush:

Ste46:

Steve

When I finished back in 2002 Steve the quarries paid you half haulage rate on any unwanted tarmac that you returned to the plant. If you only had couple of tonnes they still paid half rate on 17 tonnes (six wheeler load) so it paid you sometimes to be the ‘last load’ on the job! :laughing:

Pete.

Back in the late 60’s/early 70’s, when we were doing two loads a day from Dene up to the M62 site around Rochdale/Scammonden, ever noticed how many farms on the moors have lovely tarmac drives…?

Steve

Aye Steve, before my time but Tony Fox mentioned that job on Sunday!! :wink:

Pete.

Remember to chain up your rear mudflaps before reversing onto the Blaw Knox or other make of paver machine.

Most important thing when tipping in paver or sites is watch for overhead wires!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

How’s it going Honked :stuck_out_tongue:

youtu.be/QQHTcpgMyG8

Cheers for the tips guys.
Going good so far will update later on with tales of tipping.

Hahaha that video is spot on.

Where you running out of? Some plants better than others. A lot of sitting around some days and like some else said brain dead tarmacers… just moved on to an artic doing dry to all the plants. Seems a better job after only 3 weeks! Good luck with your first load of “open” material, get your shovel ready :slight_smile:

SHUNT1986:
Where you running out of? Some plants better than others. A lot of sitting around some days and like some else said brain dead tarmacers… just moved on to an artic doing dry to all the plants. Seems a better job after only 3 weeks! Good luck with your first load of “open” material, get your shovel ready :slight_smile:

Running out of Bredbury. I have an allergy to work so hoping the spade stays like new lol

Spent some long nights waiting to load in Bradbury!!
Are you on for Noughtons?

Yup.