Miles fox tippers clitheroe

How do everyone.

Firstly happy St Georges day.

secondly. does anyone know anything about the company in the title. Seen that theyre advertising and its fairly local to me.

Ive not done tippers before. been driving class 1 about 5 months now. i currently do mainly multidrop pallets and i really dont enjoy it. they send me out on general which i do enjoy but most companies seem to want trampers for general haulage which is something i cant do due to family commitments. as much as i wanna do it.

basically what im asking is does anyone know what theyre like to woŕk for salaries ect.says basic +bonus on the advert. guessing it will be load bonus? is their kit well maintained. and do their drivers get a designated unit? im cab slagging at the min and its doing my tree in.

i plan on ringing them on monday. to find out what the crack is but ill only hear their version of events. always good to have inside info :wink:

cheers in advance

CMG

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

first question i would ask is what kind of hours am i expected to work as the Fox drivers seem to work hard for their money

at the min im working about 60 ish hours a week so anything similar is ok but yeah i see your point. is tipper work a hands on job or is it just a case of turn up tip it out sweep it out then crack on?

Work is mainly Horton in Ribblesdale To ready mix plants in Manchester, some other work from other quarry’s. Start about 6 AM finish 4:30PM Onwards, expect to do 2 loads a day sand a load up, Mainly self load at Horton on the load out plant for 20/5 mm stone. Otherwise loaded by quarry’s shovel. It’s a fair run on a good day, but a bit mad on the road from Gisburn to Settle :open_mouth: , tackle is legal if not a bit “USED” shall we say :confused:

nice one pal helps a lot. you dont know anything about the wages do you?

i did 15 years for W Robinson at Bilsborrow we used to start at 4 am and finish about 2.30 on artics and ran out of Horton like Fox. The key to it is having a good weigher and a cb to hear whats coming towards you on the road its a beautiful area to work out of most of the year and most of the drivers up there are helpful

thanks mate. i know the road between settle and gisburn quite well and yeah its stunning. im mainly after moving away from pallet distribution stuff. tippers may be a way forward.