Tarmac rumours?

Word has it overhere that Tarmac (Anglo -American) have yesterday just bought over all the Lagan Quarries (Whitemountain) both North and South :exclamation:
Lagan’s are keeping the concrete/block/piling plants and also the massive plant at Kinnegad west of Dublin.
Apparently Anglo-American want Lagan’s worldwide airport resurfacing contracts as this was an important part of the deal.
Maybe gearing up for us boys to send you guy’s over ALOT of stone for the Olympics :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :sunglasses: .

That suprises me because from what we have been hearing Anglo are trying to off load some areas of the Tarmac business

Henrys cat:
That suprises me because from what we have been hearing Anglo are trying to off load some areas of the Tarmac business

HC,
would that be the block/concrete plants by any chance :confused: :question:

Big Truck:

Henrys cat:

HC,
would that be the block/concrete plants by any chance :confused: :question:

It makes sense to buy additional quarries to supply the stone foundations for the Olympics but I cant understand the logic of selling off the block factory’s after all, I aint read anywhere that the Olympic buildings are going to be built out of timber and steel sheeting.

Logically though I would of thought a good inestment would of involved purchasing the likes of Durox blocks situated outside of Southend on Sea and quarries in the UK which supply the likes of Armour Rock and Dolomite. Buying the quarries in Ireland would only be a good investment if they were buying the Ferry Line as well or at least shares in the Ferry line, unless they invested in their own ships.

Sounds to me like Tarmac have some sort of advance warning of a major job possibly coming off in Ireland in a couple of years time.

Big truck, that could very well be the case, I have heard that they have already sold Top Pave at Barton.

Davey, you may be right, they already own Durox, all we know is that at the moment we are pretty safe on the Dry silo side as we are making a good profit.