Tarmac subbing....

Anyone know what the crack is with the side of tarmac that shift the blocks for them? HIAB etc…

Someone I know has been told they are desperate for outsiders to shift their blocks as most subbies got pee’d off with not being paid for months and months on end. Apparently they’ve had to have a big re-think on how they work payments etc and are now paying after 7 days instead of the endless amount of days it used to be.

I’ve heard in the past that tipper work was a nightmare with them? Is the block work any different?

Said person is thinking about going in with them, they’'re desperate for the workers so I been told!

Any info much appreciated!!

I can tell you that they’ve just invested in 7 wagon & drag hiab lorries for block deliveries so expect the subbies to get pushed to the back of the queue!

not sure if he’s on for tarmac, but Bricktrotter does that line of work

I wonder how the Tarmac/lafage ‘merger’ will affect things ?

They are supposedly having to sell a rook of quarries/cement plants/concrete plants etc, Supposedly Breedon aggregates are sniffing round some things that ‘have’ to be sold off’

Doesn’t seem like a stable time to be jumping in :confused:

speedyguy:

They are supposedly having to sell a rook of quarries/cement plants/concrete plants etc, Supposedly Breedon aggregates are sniffing round some things that ‘have’ to be sold off’

should that be Bardon Aggregates?

Well I no Wincanton have taken over the running of one of the plants alfreton and have there own draw bars based there, I’m my Experiance if Wincanton are running one Tarmac block plant deliveries at the mo give it 6 months and they will b running every single block plant Tarmac own, used to be on the Tarmac block job bt 5 years ago the guy you need to speak to if your interested is a guy called phill tongue he works out of CFO at eccalshall west mids

shuttlespanker:

speedyguy:

should that be Bardon Aggregates?

breedonaggregates.com/

No keep up @ the back, check out Google & the links to the financial & business pages, Breedon reckon they have a billion £ swilling around for aquisitions :slight_smile:

In terms of getting paid, efficient and timely payments are about all Tarmac has got going for them on the tipper side at least. In 7 years pulling for them regularly I’ve never once been paid late or not on full.

Heard Breedon were doing well at the moment, could be worth him sitting back for a while and working out which ones better…

He’s waiting for a call back from a bloke at Ecceshall with the rates etc

Thanks for the info chaps, much appreciated!!

Word has it that Breedon are in for Hope cement works and Dowlow quarry at Buxton.

Hi Mark were you in Sanquhar yesterday morning I could see one parked up from our house. Wondered if it was you. Eddie.

erfguy:
Hi Mark were you in Sanquhar yesterday morning I could see one parked up from our house. Wondered if it was you. Eddie.

No Eddie, that wasnt me, I was up there on Monday and then again Thursday. Mines got a name plate in the windscreen and a plain white tank, the other 2 that do the job have the company name in ■■■■ big letters down the side. I prefer the stealth look myself.

speedyguy:

Tarmac have to sell something like 108 and lafarge 80 something. They ALL have to be sold and have the money before they are allowed to think about merging supposedly. They can’t close any of the affected plants, they have to be sold. Think it may be a while before the merger happens? :unamused:

scaniadub:

speedyguy:

Tarmac have to sell something like 108 and lafarge 80 something. They ALL have to be sold and have the money before they are allowed to think about merging supposedly. They can’t close any of the affected plants, they have to be sold. Think it may be a while before the merger happens? :unamused:

A list of the plants etc has already been drawn up !!!

Dave the Renegade:

scaniadub:

speedyguy:

A list of the plants etc has already been drawn up !!!

Certainly has :wink: ,

Wonder if they’ll have a plant rebuilding programme ‘after’ the ‘merger’ to fill in the geographical gaps they will be left with :confused: