WELL DONE

Well done LONDON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the french ports will be blockaded now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:unamused: Supposed to benefit everyone. Yeah right. :imp:

Supposed to benefit everyone. Yeah right

It does, I know of 3 firms in the North East that will be supplying fabricated steel for the new facilities, One of them has openly admitted that if the London Bid didnt succeeed then they would probably have to lay off workers as they had no other large contracts after Christmas this year.

One of the companies who will benefit already sends out 100’s of loads a week using hauliers local to me, so a bonanza for local steel hauliers seems likely :laughing:

Unless of course they can finnd a French company who will do it cheaper or someone else in Europe that comes in with a better price.

Rikki-UK:

Supposed to benefit everyone. Yeah right

It does, I know of 3 firms in the North East that will be supplying fabricated steel for the new facilities, One of them has openly admitted that if the London Bid didnt succeeed then they would probably have to lay off workers as they had no other large contracts after Christmas this year.

One of the companies who will benefit already sends out 100’s of loads a week using hauliers local to me, so a bonanza for local steel hauliers seems likely :laughing:

I’m pleased for them, but, what about the everyone bit ? :confused: Does it benefit anyone in Wiltshire ■■ :slight_smile:

are there no aspireing young athletes in Wiltshire who would hope to be ready for 2012, or just copy their hero?

Waste of money in my opinion. But if the French wanted it, I’m really glad we got it. :stuck_out_tongue:
I can’t see how it benefits the majority of people though, it will cost a fortune, little of which will be recoverable. A few will benefit, and good luck to them, but most will be out of pocket in some way or another. Red Ken will undoubtibly prosper through the congestion charge, 'll probably just lose money in the congestion. :unamused:

yeah good luck london i suppose they will spread out the olympics all over the south east really and anyway i really only like the athletics im not bothered for much else. not my cup of tea

bring on the world cup

Tramper:
Waste of money in my opinion. But if the French wanted it, I’m really glad we got it. :stuck_out_tongue:
I can’t see how it benefits the majority of people though, it will cost a fortune, little of which will be recoverable. A few will benefit, and good luck to them, but most will be out of pocket in some way or another. Red Ken will undoubtibly prosper through the congestion charge, 'll probably just lose money in the congestion. :unamused:

I couldnt give a flying fig about the roxy olympics :unamused:
The people in the London area will see a hike in their council tax as stated on Radio 4 last week, but hay hoe all those poor old pensioners and homeless folks will have a couple of nice running tracks to run around when all the pompous arses go home. :exclamation:

I have an alternative to the Olympics.

It will cost about the same, benefit every region of the country by solving the un-employment problem and increasing orders for a wide range of goods, benefit transport by moving all those goods to the ports, etc and give Jack Chiraque the finger far more effectively than winning the bid.

LETS INVADE FRANCE! :unamused: :wink:

Go on then CM… lets go!

You first!

We’re right behind you! :laughing:

With the apathy on this subject is it any wonder our industry is fragmented, and going down hill. At least the french hauliers seem to stick together to get things done their way. I am so pleased our country got the bid through for the olympics, It was stated that some of the events will be held in other parts of the U.K, ie: Sheffield etc, many people will find work in the building of various things to do with the visiting countries and money will be brought into the country by the visitors, who will be only too willing to spend in this country. Everything will not be in London. Just think of the kids of the future, those who are keen on athletics and sport, what a great thing this is for them to latch onto, Kids have dreams, DON’T SHATTER THEM YE OF LTTLE FAITH

Danneke

Danneke:
With the apathy on this subject is it any wonder our industry is fragmented, and going down hill. At least the french hauliers seem to stick together to get things done their way. I am so pleased our country got the bid through for the olympics, It was stated that some of the events will be held in other parts of the U.K, ie: Sheffield etc, many people will find work in the building of various things to do with the visiting countries and money will be brought into the country by the visitors, who will be only too willing to spend in this country. Everything will not be in London. Just think of the kids of the future, those who are keen on athletics and sport, what a great thing this is for them to latch onto, Kids have dreams, DON’T SHATTER THEM YE OF LTTLE FAITH

Danneke

Oops! I seem to have touched a nerve, sorry Danneke I was only being flippant. I do think its a great thing, it will bring a focus to the UK that it currently lacks. I sincerely hope it does benefit all regions, or as many regions of the country as possible, it would be a shame to leave it all to the south east and the Capital, and it will leave us with many new facilities that we currently lack for all sports so we can nurture new talent, our record and short sighted attitude on this is appalling.

One concern I do have is our seeming lack of ability to deliver major infrastructure projects on time, lets hope that the beauracracy does not impede development with red tape, and lets hope that some of our major developers do not see this as a gravy train on which to profiteer.

But above all we gave France the high, hard one!!! :laughing: :laughing:

The cost for the Games is estimated at £2.375 billion. What else could £2.375 billion buy?

A new hospital in Manchester - a so-called super hospital - was estimated to have cost £400 million.
The cost of building a new primary school in Worcestershire was estimated at £1.5 million.
The capital cost of a new secondary school in Wales, £13 million.
The average cost of constructing one mile of dual three-lane motorway was estimated at £17.1 million.

or we could of course have a running track and a firework display. :unamused:

DAFMAD:
I’m pleased for them, but, what about the everyone bit ? :confused: Does it benefit anyone in Wiltshire ■■ :slight_smile:

Not Wiltshire, but the sailing events will be in Weymouth.

Lots more tourists coming to visit Stonehenge, and Wiltshire’s other delightful attractions?

Yes, it’s going to be expensive, but personally, I think it’s worth the money.

Just MHO…

you no what (zb) the olyimpics:

I was well chuffed when I heard the result,not so much that we won it, more of a case of France didn’t win…
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

as has been said at least the frogs didn’t get it!
i love sport but the olympics has become so tainted with all the big stars earning crazy money and all on drugs to reach the top and you can guarantee the only reason london “won” was because someone bunged the right man the right amount of money!
they could hold it in outer mongolia for me it’ll still be on the telly.

This is getting to be a habit but I find myself agreeing with Paul again. As for places like Sheffield getting events, wev’e been promised stuff like this before and got nothing and the same will happen again. Don Valley Stadium is useless, could hold swimming or diving at Ponds Forge but they won’t. I’m impressed by the way it’s for everyone but called the London Olympics not British or UK. Or maybe I’m just getting SarKy in my old age. :wink: