Taking company to court for wages?

That’s XPO as was Norbert Dentressangle as was Christian Salvesen? always did think they were a bunch of ■■■■■.

cav551:
That’s XPO as was Norbert Dentressangle as was Christian Salvesen? always did think they were a bunch of [zb].

Not quite right Cav,

That’s XPO
as was Norbert Dentressangle
who bought out Christian Salvesen?

You have my sympathies Sammy. Look at us, what have we become? Skilled people bullied and treated like children. In the next recession these non-productive jobsworths will find themselves the first out of the door!

Memo to self: Stay away from XPO.

pierrot 14:

cav551:
That’s XPO as was Norbert Dentressangle as was Christian Salvesen? always did think they were a bunch of [zb].

Not quite right Cav,

That’s XPO
as was Norbert Dentressangle
who bought out Christian Salvesen?

If you want to go even further back, it was SWIFT before Salvesen bought them!

eagerbeaver:

robbo99.:
If you’re on PAYE, then contact ACAS before making a claim to the small claims court. In my experience ACAS sorted monies owed to me after non payment of induction pay by the agency for a full day sat bored rigid on an XPO contract, seems to follow a similar pattern. ACAS offer a service prior to an employment tribunal which generally kicks ■■■ of employers who don’t want to play ball and it won’t cost you a penny unlike money claim online.

MCOL doesn’t cost you a penny technically as you will get your costs back from XPO if they are in breach.

Bottom line is this; You attended their place of work and are entitled to be paid as such. The entitlement regarding training is down to the mk1 eyeball and the small print.

Some time ago I did a days work for an agency at Culina. The agency didn’t get paid by said Co as they were not happy with my work. The agency refused to pay me so I took Harry Monk’s advice and followed the MCOL route. Paid out in full along with costs (cost was £50 from memory). I would be very surprised if a company the size of XPO decided to go through the mither of contesting you for the sake of a few peanuts (to them). Spend £50 and give them some…

How does paying to submit the claim not cost a penny via money claim online?? Bit of a strange way of looking at it. Fine if you get costs not so good if you don’t. Use ACAS it won’t cost a penny and it’s not attempting to smash a walnut with a sledgehammer.

robbo99.:

eagerbeaver:

robbo99.:
If you’re on PAYE, then contact ACAS before making a claim to the small claims court. In my experience ACAS sorted monies owed to me after non payment of induction pay by the agency for a full day sat bored rigid on an XPO contract, seems to follow a similar pattern. ACAS offer a service prior to an employment tribunal which generally kicks ■■■ of employers who don’t want to play ball and it won’t cost you a penny unlike money claim online.

MCOL doesn’t cost you a penny technically as you will get your costs back from XPO if they are in breach.

Bottom line is this; You attended their place of work and are entitled to be paid as such. The entitlement regarding training is down to the mk1 eyeball and the small print.

Some time ago I did a days work for an agency at Culina. The agency didn’t get paid by said Co as they were not happy with my work. The agency refused to pay me so I took Harry Monk’s advice and followed the MCOL route. Paid out in full along with costs (cost was £50 from memory). I would be very surprised if a company the size of XPO decided to go through the mither of contesting you for the sake of a few peanuts (to them). Spend £50 and give them some…

How does paying to submit the claim not cost a penny via money claim online?? Bit of a strange way of looking at it. Fine if you get costs not so good if you don’t. Use ACAS it won’t cost a penny and it’s not attempting to smash a walnut with a sledgehammer.

Because your fee is added to the claim. If OP claims £500 from XPO then the online fee of £35 is added tot the claim.So the claim is for £535.

Ive taken a builder to court via MCOL. He fully defendered the claim and I had to got to court.(Very Rare) but he was an HOLE.

After judgement of £860 (800+60fee) he STILL didn`t pay. I transfered it to the HIGH court(Very simple to do) and sent in dcbltd, company off the telly.

It cost him nearly 2k in the end. LMAO :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Grandpa:
You have my sympathies Sammy. Look at us, what have we become? Skilled people bullied and treated like children. I

No. We’re people who are supposed to be skilled and professional but where many of those doing the job have proven themselves to be the complete opposite of that. Tachographs came into being because so called professionals were fiddling logbooks for example. Telematics have come in because so called professionals don’t drive economically or with mechanical sympathy, many tearing around like Lewis Hamilton walloping through fuel, brake pads, tyres and knackering trucks even though they claim to be good drivers.

In short everything that drivers now are subject to today by employers are because of how poorly people who want to be called professional have done the job.

You only need to look on this forum and places like the Facebook pages to find plenty of examples of people who don’t give a stuff about adhering to drivers hours rules for example and the common “I don’t pay for the fuel so why should I care?”

robbo99.:

eagerbeaver:

robbo99.:

The point I am making is that it costs to claim via money claim online, if you win the case then you get the fee back if you lose you don’t and certain costs can be added, use ACAS who are there for employment matters and it won’t cost a penny either way.

Conor:

Grandpa:
You have my sympathies Sammy. Look at us, what have we become? Skilled people bullied and treated like children. I

No. We’re people who are supposed to be skilled and professional but where many of those doing the job have proven themselves to be the complete opposite of that. Tachographs came into being because so called professionals were fiddling logbooks for example. Telematics have come in because so called professionals don’t drive economically or with mechanical sympathy, many tearing around like Lewis Hamilton walloping through fuel, brake pads, tyres and knackering trucks even though they claim to be good drivers.

In short everything that drivers now are subject to today by employers are because of how poorly people who want to be called professional have done the job.

You only need to look on this forum and places like the Facebook pages to find plenty of examples of people who don’t give a stuff about adhering to drivers hours rules for example and the common “I don’t pay for the fuel so why should I care?”

Whilst i agree with much of what you say there, in fact tachographs came into being in the first place because we greased up and bent over to accommodate the EEC (Germany by other means) who were fast becoming our masters who made us adopt them, it was nothing at all to do with alleged fiddling, which didn’t go on anywhere near as much as some here would like to claim.
The irony of going from our previous maximum 12.5 hour day to a 15 hour working day, in the interests of safety :unamused: , appears lost on many.

I am currently in the advanced stage of taking a company to court.

I can’t say too much, but suffice to say I went down the ACAS route, and got the all important certificate from them as they (The company) refused to mediate, then MCOL, and it has ended up at the county court. Another hearing is due soon, for the final decision.

Your costs are initially borne by yourself, but if you are successful, then they are given back by definition of them being added at the beginning. You can also add interest which if you decide to do, is calculated automatically until it goes to county court, and then interest is frozen.

The one thing to remember is, that county court costs other than the initial fee, are not awarded to anyone, so hiring the best barrister in the country, will not mean you get his cost back if you win. I got told that by the judge last week when she was summing up. So if the other side threaten you with the fact they are spending thousands on a legal eagle, take what they say with a pinch of salt. ( I got threatened by them with a £4k legal bill!!!)

One thing the judge did say, is that normally you don’t use MCOL to take a company to court, but MCOL say you can, so make of that what you will. She also asked why I didn’t use an employment tribunal, and I told her some small details as to why, as I didn’t want the opposition to know before the next hearing.

Oh. And finally. Keep copies of ALL communication in either electronic or paper form. They may come in handy. :wink: