taing the mick

jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Interne … =NHM/29031

would you wanna work for this guy■■?

Those links don’t work. Press, printer friendly at the bottom, then copy and paste on here. :wink:

Here are the job details [help]

Back
Save This Job

Job Title CLASS 1 C+E DRIVERS NHM/29031

LocationNORTHAMPTON
HoursMonday-Friday
Wage £10 Per Hour
Work PatternDays , Evenings
EmployerGap Personnel
Employer RefClass 1 Driver
PensionNo details held
DurationTEMPORARY ONLY

Description
Calling all steeringwheel jockys. Class 1 drivers required in northampton. Mainly trunking work throughout the country. Money for Purly driving.

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 07825 547853 and asking for Grant Pearce.

If you are looking for work, Tax Credits could top up your earnings
This vacancy meets the requirements of the National Minimum Wage Act

daycrawler:
would you wanna work for this guy■■?

Where do you see a problem?

Whats a steering wheel?

Description
Calling all steeringwheel jockys

Where do they think they will find people on horseback holding a steering wheel :question: :question:

Apart from the fact that he can’t spell “purely” I can’t really see that much wrong.
You have to remember that he’s an agency consultant, allowances need to be made :wink:

tachograph:
Apart from the fact that he can’t spell “purely” :

Or “jockey”

But I didn’t take the term “steering wheel jockey” as an insult myself, the stuffed shirt seems to be have been saying that the job involves only driving and not unloading. And what’s wrong with that?

Ive been in IT for many years (somehow I ended up in the motor trade and now training to be a truck driver!) but this is how agencies work. I worked hard, sat exams and studied a fair ammount for my IT skills and qualifications. I was effectively pimped by an agency and a recruitment “consultant”. How much training and qualifications does it take to set up an agency? Absolutely none!

Agencies in my eyes are vultures out for what they can get. They will use you while it suits, drop you when it doesnt. I expect nothing more from em. To be honest, I would probably quite happily apply for that job. I would expect the agent to know very little about whats involved in the job (whats new there then!!) and probably see me as nothing more than this weeks meal ticket (again, whats new).

If it suits us both I would earn a reasonable wage (without a doubt the agency would charge a fortune for my services) and then everyone is happy. Well, apart from the customer who will probabaly replace me with a permenant staff member ASAP at which point the agency may well drop me like a hot potato. Hmm, the joys of agencies!