Tacho symbols

hi there.

Cant seem to make our anologue tacho record the speed graph whilst driving on the tachodisc on our new lorry ,the tacho is bog standard as fitted most ivecos.

Symbols are slightly different to our other tachos on our other lorrys. its in test with a new six yr done lately .

Can anyone tell me what the driving symbol is so it records the speed ■■

It has the normal bed symbol, the normal hammers and a square with diagonal line from bottom left to top right.

Weve tried driving with the square symbol switched on with no luck or do we drive with the hammers symbol on?

I know we can trail and error but would be nice to know properly!

trickyd

Tricky Dicky:
hi there.

Cant seem to make our anologue tacho record the speed graph whilst driving on the tachodisc on our new lorry ,the tacho is bog standard as fitted most ivecos.

Symbols are slightly different to our other tachos on our other lorrys. its in test with a new six yr done lately .

Can anyone tell me what the driving symbol is so it records the speed ■■

It has the normal bed symbol, the normal hammers and a square with diagonal line from bottom left to top right.

Weve tried driving with the square symbol switched on with no luck or do we drive with the hammers symbol on?

I know we can trail and error but would be nice to know properly!

trickyd

its faulty then it should make no diff what mode the tacho is in as soon as you move it a speed trace will or should show Prob someones bent the needle so it wont show speeding

Do you have the correct type of disc in it, there are different types for different tacho’s.
Check the E numbers in the tachograph and on your disc, they need to match up to keep it legal.
Also did you check if you have the disc facing the right way :blush:
As said before which ever symbol you have activated, as soon as you move you should have a writing on the disc, most Anologe tacho’s are automatics so you can leave him on any symbol you like when driving.

Tricky Dicky:

If it’s recording everything else but not the speed trace then there is deffo a fault

If it’s not recording anything then make sure it’s been put in the correct way - if it is in correctly then again, it’s faulty

As others have said - it should automatically record driving whatever mode is selected

The mode switch with a steering wheel hasn’t been used on a tacho for about 20 years,

so it is either faulty, card is in upside down or the stylus is missing.

Well I am no Expert here, The square represents a packing case ,if you are doing work that involves packing cases or anything else you select this. When you are driving you select the crossed hammers. I remember older vehicles that had a steering wheel symbol but that was to easy.The last time that I was interviewed at an agency I told the guy that his exam was years out of date, but he said “no matter”

Give it a try to lay 2 discs on top of each other sometimes a little more pressure on the stylus gives a better write, drawer type in the Volvo’s was famous for that

alamcculloch:
When you are driving you select the crossed hammers.

No need to - any mode selection on a modern tacho can be used

I wonder if there is an issue with POA being recorded for short stops in traffic ■■?

ROG:

alamcculloch:
When you are driving you select the crossed hammers.

No need to - any mode selection on a modern tacho can be used

I wonder if there is an issue with POA being recorded for short stops in traffic ■■?

If you can be arsed to record it, you could get three or four minutes POA at a railway crossing, provided you knew the delay in advance :stuck_out_tongue:

Forget the steering wheel, it isn’t there anymore!

do you have it in the 2nd man slot? That doesn’t record a speed trace…