Tacho question help

hello
just a quick one
there is a old lorry with a old analogue tacho which does not have the driving symbol
on it which mode should i put it in for driving is it the cross hammers?

From what I was told, they will automatically go to driving mode when the lorry starts to move, so you only need to worry about switching it when you stop - eg if you started driving with it on other work, drove for a bit, then stopped for a break, make sure you switch it to break. Drive on afterwards, it will go automatically to drive, then when you stop to unload etc, make sure it goes onto the correct mode.

If I’m wrong, let me know now please, so I can get it right in my own head! :smiley:

Only ancient tachographs need switching to driving - these have the steering wheel symbol on the mode switch. Most analogue tachographs switch automatically from the setting on the Driver 1 mode switch to driving when you set off, and back to the mode switch setting when you stop.

Set the mode switch to whatever you’re doing when you’re not driving (probably crossed hammers for other work) and set off driving. :smiley:

Yes leave on x hammers when driving automatically records as driving then only need to switch it over onto break then back to x hammers job done
Jx

nice one will leave it on hammers as i will be stop starting all day
thankyou :smiley:

Don’t forget to take a stopwatch with you for recording your driving very easy to lose track and make sure you have a 15 min brk before 6 hours if not gonna exceed 4 1/2 drive time before that :wink:

Jx

thanks jennie will do :wink:

Jennie:
Don’t forget to take a stopwatch with you for recording your driving very easy to lose track and make sure you have a 15 min brk before 6 hours if not gonna exceed 4 1/2 drive time before that :wink:

Jx

Sorry hope that didn’t sound condescending wasn’t meant to :smiley:

Jen x