Suttons of St Helens?

When I did night trunk on Swifts we used to often run and chat with some of Suttons drivers, ‘Bob Cap’ to mention just one, they had red ERF’s and hauled either flat beds or sometimes Skelly type tank containers. A good group of lads (for mortherners :laughing: )

Anyway ! … it seems every time I travel on I-87 in NY state I see some container hauler pulling such skellys with ‘SUTTON’S OF ST HELENS’ in bright yellow on the side, so its seems they are not just still in buisiness but big buisiness if the have daily loads going up and down the NY Sate thruway :slight_smile:

Do they still run their own fleet of trucks ?

Yes indeed, Suttons is very big in China and Singapore as well as the UK, Europe and the US but only run Tanker trailers pulled by their own Units or ISO Tank Containers. Their Head Office is now in Gorse Lane, Widnes with the St Helens Depot now being a Trading Park. No general Haulage is carried out any longer so maybe Alf was right when he told a young Eddie Stobbart not to get involved in general haulage?..Tony

Pat Hasler:
When I did night trunk on Swifts we used to often run and chat with some of Suttons drivers, ‘Bob Cap’ to mention just one, they had red ERF’s and hauled either flat beds or sometimes Skelly type tank containers. A good group of lads (for mortherners :laughing: )

Anyway ! … it seems every time I travel on I-87 in NY state I see some container hauler pulling such skellys with ‘SUTTON’S OF ST HELENS’ in bright yellow on the side, so its seems they are not just still in buisiness but big buisiness if the have daily loads going up and down the NY Sate thruway :slight_smile:

Do they still run their own fleet of trucks ?

Pat FFS look http://www.suttonsgroup.com/ :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: