Subby for GBE with a white road commander

Hi does anyone remember a subby for GBE in the 80,s i used to run to Barcelona TIR park with him ( I was one of the original GBE drivers) He had a white that could do 90 if pushed, my new MAN 321 silver bullet couldnt catch him even loaded with care bears and star wars figures
:open_mouth:
i have some photos of the GBE fleet and various others at La Jonquera and Aosta will post as soon as i can.
Steve Taylor

I think you may be referring to ‘Hughie Hill’ (HBH). Saw him about 1 mth ago booking on in Cher. Does casual etc these days.

I certainly do,its my good friend Hughie ,when I am in UK see him most days as he now has a 1953 Lagonda whigh he keeps in my garage,Hughie moved to Weymouth from Hinkley several years ago. The White was written off by an out of control BRS rental wagon in the late 80,s. Not sure about the Silver Bullet though, I thought Nick Sutcliffe had it from new. Hughie is getting into the internet now, I will point him in this direction.

Hi Kerbut
No I was one of the Blue Eyed boys and picked it up from the MAN stand at the Truck show in Brum , Mind you I only had it a bit cos I annoyed the evil dragon woman and was dumped into paris all week on one of the MAN rigids for my sins ( What do you mean come home after 3 weeks). I was also one of the speedfreight european lads who was stranded in France when Jeff bust it and had to paint out the name and conned the guy at Calais into thinking I was a ferrymaster vehicle. Something to do with all those brown envelopes to Bank National Paree :smiley:

Hi Steve
I do remember you I think, if you are a very big muscular bloke , I was on Speedfreight also with Hughie,Les Carrington with his Berliout, Tom Jordan with his Transcon ,me with an F89 later a F10 . Funny how things pan out Steve Tremain lives about 10 k from me in France. I have pm you Hughies number. I was trying to think the other day ,what was the name of the bloke who died in his cab in Barcelona ,I think it was John something and he came from Brighton, I got lumbered with having to sort it out with Ramon at Sea roads. Just thought of another name at Speed freight ,no not Roley in the TK ,but John Oats in a Transcon also.