Strap winder-upper thingy

Where can I buy a strap winder-upper thingy?

My load has 9 ratchets and straps and rolling up 9 straps every night is a bit tedious and a strain on the old wrist joints.

:astonished:

Andrew Leitch:
Where can I buy a strap winder-upper thingy?

My load has 9 ratchets and straps and rolling up 9 straps every night is a bit tedious and a strain on the old wrist joints.

:astonished:

You don’t buy them, you make them.
Either wood or get one welded from metal tubing.
Piece of wood about 8" long, rounded at one end to slot into the tube which holds your wheel arch up on your lorry.
I’ve found mine, will take photos now and post them,…

As you can see from that, 3 pieces of wood needed.
Bottom piece 6" long, 1 3/4" high, 1" wide.
Sand it so it is round at one end (on the left on photo), about 1" diameter, that slots into the tube on your lorry which holds your wheel arch up.
2 screws and screw another piece of wood to that at right angle, going upwards on pic.
Get third piece, 1" square for the handle. LEAVE THIS LOOSE.
Drill hole in top of 2nd piece and just put one screw through and into the end of handle.

Anyone who has ever worked for CHEP will have one of those!!!

As Ronaldo says,but get your mechanic to weld a bit of tube to the trailer.Bit of rod about 1/2 inch diameter attached to Ronaldo’s crank.Couple of turns round with the strap,crank away.Pull rod out,slide strap off.Job done.
The tube is to protect wheel arches as they weren’t designed for that.

got them built into me trailer, 11 straps each on its own roller / ratchet tensioner contraption, just need a small bar to really tighten them

gotta love it :sunglasses:

Its a good job I am going to learn from the driver CPC, what the duck is that for?

Wheel Nut:
Its a good job I am going to learn from the driver CPC, what the duck is that for?

lol it’s for winding straps up when you wind up between 12 and 16 straps you cime up with something pretty quick especialy doing it upto 5 or 6 times a day :open_mouth:

the best bet is like they said get a bit of tube some re bar or round bar bend into a shape of a handle get a bit of flat bar weled on to it and jobs a goodun :wink:

try this one

truckntow.com/showproduct.as … uctID=9985

Down here in Oz a lot of blokes use a cordless drill, with a steel rod that’s looks a bit like a tuning fork. Slide end of strap into gizmo, press trigger, job done. Easy peasy. :sunglasses:

Just let them dangle.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
and then say “no speak english”

My faith in human nature is restored :wink: It seems that there are a few gullible people left in this world

Please send cheques or postal orders, or you can use paypal :stuck_out_tongue:

Clothes labels that remind you when item needs washing.

Automatic duster

Food cooler

Butter stick

RoadKing.co.uk

I’ve never bought from this company so can’t say what they’re like.

gonzothejaffa1:
lol it’s for winding straps up when you wind up between 12 and 16 straps you cime up with something pretty quick especially doing it up to 5 or 6 times a day :open_mouth:

A few years ago I worked for CHEP driving their wag-n-drags, it was one of the first things I was told about. When you are winding 15 straps up 5 or 6 times a day, it can literally save you an hour at the end of the day. I made that one on the photos in my first week, kept it since.

Ronaldo:

gonzothejaffa1:
lol it’s for winding straps up when you wind up between 12 and 16 straps you cime up with something pretty quick especially doing it up to 5 or 6 times a day :open_mouth:

A few years ago I worked for CHEP driving their wag-n-drags, it was one of the first things I was told about. When you are winding 15 straps up 5 or 6 times a day, it can literally save you an hour at the end of the day. I made that one on the photos in my first week, kept it since.

i lad the quicker i could get the straps off the more time i gad to chill in the q :slight_smile: :slight_smile: i wasn’t to bad i only had an artic and most of the time i only had 2 straps on anyway if i had euros on it was strap front strap back and string on the rest much quicker imo :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:
My faith in human nature is restored :wink: It seems that there are a few gullible people left in this world

Please send cheques or postal orders, or you can use paypal :stuck_out_tongue:

Clothes labels that remind you when item needs washing.

Automatic duster

Food cooler

Butter stick

FPMSL !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the constructive replies.

We used to run with 6 straps on the chipboard but now the H&S crew are demanding 9 straps…despite 6 straps being plenty and within the strap load-rating.

9 straps just means extra work for everybody. :^(