Strap winder

Hi everyone, i seem to be doing a lot of work that requires a lot of strapping down ie pallets out of the quarry. I’m just wondering if there is anywhere to buy a decent strap winder or simeler from? I’ve seen them on eBay but not sure if they’d be any good or not. Thanks in advance for any replies.

rhaonline.co.uk/vehicle-secu … nde_-.html

roadking.co.uk/automotive-to … inder.html

Sell them Lymm services I think. CB Shack?

roadking.co.uk/automotive-to … inder.html
That’s the one I have stored in the shed with all my gear. It does the job…

I’ll have a look at them thanks a lot, takes ages rolling them all up by hand

These look handy tools, back in the day I used to wind em by hand and although quite profficient at it I used to get cramp in me wrist a lot.
Dont use straps anymore but still suffer from wrist cramps. :wink:

I got one at the ratchetshop via eBay, cost £12 inc p&p. Best thing I ever bought. Only the bright orange plastic jobby but when it breaks I’ll get a metal one with clamp/magnet.

Get one, you won’t regret it!

Brilliant idea, we shift a lot of round bales and are forever winding straps.

What would also be great is a method of storing the straps so they don’t unwind in the strap box. Thinking along lines of a cylinder with a slot cut in the sides (for the hooks and a central rod.

nick2008:
http://www.roadking.co.uk/automotive-tools/ratchet-tie-down-strap-winder.html

We used them at British Gypsum, small simple device but saves a lot of work :smiley: :smiley:

I have one, from a previous job, gathering dust in the shed. As your user name & my swede seem to be the same, send me a stamped addressed envelope & you can have it. They are over a foot long btw. PM me if your interested.

I bought one of eBay that attaches to a electric drill! It is basically a Frisbee with prongs but saves a lot of time and my wrists!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYdtjVuTR8

nick2008:
http://www.roadking.co.uk/automotive-tools/ratchet-tie-down-strap-winder.html

I made one myself using a similar design to this and even although I used a very strong magnet, it falls off when the full weight of the strap gets spooled onto it. The mark 2 version (which I’ve still to get round to making) will have the magnet replaced with a small G-clamp to attach to the trailer. In the meantime I keep it in place with mole grips and I’ve found it handy.

Wow. I use straps all day. And i was thinking the other day if something was avaliable for this purpose. So ive just ordered one of these from the rha. Hopefully itll work.

they are banned on some sites H&S a finger trap i kid you not

Ive got one of the Roadking ones, fantastic bit of kit, I took the magnet off an bolted the winder to a crossmember, I do a lot of hay and straw and usually the farmers are fascinated by it and want a go so sometimes they are wrapped up for me, the only downside to it being fixed to the body is if the farmyard is knee deep in slurry you have to try and get the straps off and take them somewhere a bit cleaner and wrap them by hand. Still well worth having though.

malcolmj:

Saw a post,think it was on here,a bloke got banned from a companies building sites because he couldn`t produce a ticket to prove he had been trained in how to use one. What is this world coming too ffs.

dowahdiddyman:

malcolmj:

Saw a post,think it was on here,a bloke got banned from a companies building sites because he couldn`t produce a ticket to prove he had been trained in how to use one. What is this world coming too ffs.

Sounds like RDC BS , next they’ll be saying all seats have been removed from toilets to prevent ■■■■ squashing from seats becoming unattached :unamused:

nick2008:

dowahdiddyman:

malcolmj:

Sounds like RDC BS , next they’ll be saying all seats have been removed from toilets to prevent ■■■■ squashing from seats becoming unattached :unamused:

Have you never sat on your nackers? :blush:

looks a bit namby-pamby to me,next thing you know they will be wanting us to wear hi viz gear,goggles,hardhats,safety boots,ear defenders and gloves…what is the world coming to!!! :unamused: