ratchet straps

anyone know cheapest /best place to buy ratchet straps from?
just standard ones 75/80mm wide 6/8m long hook on each end.
to go in a curtain sdier to strap dopwn ibc tanks and wooden crates etc
nothing to heavy duty
thanks

If it’s cheap you want, you can often pick them up for free at the side of the road. Quality can be a bit variable though. :laughing:

If your an employed driver then go to the office and ask them, were are the straps,for this load. If the response is we haven’t got any, you reply, then I can’t take this out then.

Be foooked if I’d be buying straps as an employee.

Work are buying them paying for them.
Just they don’t.know where to. Buy them from.
I’ve looked around to be helpfull.

Just after where buy them.from .

There are loads of cheap and nasty straps to be had, often of questionable quality and provenance.
If your company is buying them, may as well buy good ones, especially if they stay with a dedicated vehicle. Maybe different if they go with the trailers and may never be seen again.
I always now get the Ergo versions, pull down to tighten, much easier on an old body (mine).
I got a dozen new ones this week with 10m straps, £14 each. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. I’ve got ratchets i got from the same company five years ago and they are still serviceable.

ARINSDALE Ltd, Grangemouth. They manufacture and stock a huge range of lashing and lifting kit under the TENSYS brand, and are family owned

edd1974:
anyone know cheapest /best place to buy ratchet straps from?

Kinda depends where you are. As an off hand recommendation I’d say Fleet Factors

fleetfactors.co.uk/map

Wessex rope and packaging, Poole Dorset 01202 661 066, they offer stock sizes or will make anything you want, i have used them for recovery wheel straps, simple load straps, some extra long straps with stitched outer sleeves to hold down a giant canopy, they also manufacture rally and competition seat belts and restraints, i normally talk to Michael.

Any MSA or truckstop.
Look around the truck park, and ask yourself …
‘Which truck’s firms on here have a reputation for ■■■■■■■ off their drivers., and treating them like crap’’ ,
I’ll guarantee there will be sure as hell some parked there. :bulb:

Then knock on driver’s door and say… :
‘‘You wouldn’t have any straps to flog would you mate’’ :bulb:

You’re welcome :sunglasses:
:laughing: :laughing:

I would put forward :

nationwide-trailer-parts.co … het-straps

slingsandstraps.co.uk/collectio … traps-5ton

This firm will sell to anyone but straps ratchets & lifting slings is the main business,they supply other sellers ect .

also get a couple of graphite grease spray cans to maintain them… :bulb:

So can I ask a question
.basically got new /well 2nd hand truck need ratchet straps to go in it.
All.ratchet straps in trucks we have are 75. 80mm acorss.
Most I’m finding on sites mentioned are maximum 50mm across.
Guessing they would do to hold.down Ibcs tanks and crates at 1-2 tonne if get correct load rated ones?

edd1974:
So can I ask a question
.basically got new /well 2nd hand truck need ratchet straps to go in it.
All.ratchet straps in trucks we have are 75. 80mm acorss.
Most I’m finding on sites mentioned are maximum 50mm across.
Guessing they would do to hold.down Ibcs tanks and crates at 1-2 tonne if get correct load rated ones?

The actual width means little. The straps should have a load rating on a label, which includes an E number (or BS number?) plus the number of black lines stitched into the strap is a guide to their strength. (One line per ton).

What are ratchet straps? :open_mouth:

:wink:

oooooh somebodys sharp tonight… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: well spotted mate,missed that one…

so thats what those posters mean, BLM

Your spelling it wrong. :unamused:

m.a.n rules:
oooooh somebodys sharp tonight… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: well spotted mate,missed that one…

If that’s to me I’ve genuinely no idea what I’ve been sharp about :laughing:

Instead I was trying to suggest I never strap anything using ratchets and therefore coaxing an online sermon from someone. Aka as a fishing trip :laughing:

toonsy:

m.a.n rules:

Youre not alone. I too, cant see what is going on here?

Franglais:

toonsy:

m.a.n rules:

Youre not alone. I too, cant see what is going on here?

posted on wrong thread… :blush: