Stobarts

“…no one else was beating the price they charge…”

Erm £2000.00 plus the dreaded for C and CE? Look again chief.

This ’ academy ’ ■■■■■■■■ is simply a revenue stream for stobrats.

eagerbeaver:

Its more than just C and CE. Its everything. Literally everything. And its cheaper than any other reputable trainer in the north west.

You get nothing more than any other reputable training provider. You are not even GUARANTEED a job after passing with them.

I know this because I phoned them up and asked them. That was not long after I delivered to the canteen (upstairs via lift) for P&H and asked a shedload of lads who work there.

A green uniform is the only thing you get extra.

Phil1979:

eagerbeaver:

Its more than just C and CE. Its everything. Literally everything. And its cheaper than any other reputable trainer in the north west.

‘‘Literally everything’’ covers a hell of a lot mate, can you not be a bit more specific?
Just curious.

Cheapest in the North West. No its not. Enterprise at Stockport and Red Rose training in Bolton both blow their price into the weeds.

Another fact. Ive used them both. In fact RR are only £40 per hour.

billdor1967:
No Farrah is not there. He left probably 2 years ago now. I had 1 raised voices conversation with him and he was good as gold after that. Better the devil u know sometimes. Shutters are still on a good wack. 28k last I heard. Couldn’t stay in the yard/office all day. I’d kill someone before long. As for the lane changing…we pay our road tax and like to use as much of the road as possible.lol The short arse I don’t know him. Unless u mean the miserable c with the glasses who won’t talk to anyone.

28k a good wack :laughing:

robroy:

Phil1979:

eagerbeaver:

‘‘Literally everything’’ covers a hell of a lot mate, can you not be a bit more specific?
Just curious.

Week training for Theory, Hazard, and Mod 2 including test fees and material.

Week training for Cat C plus test.

Week training for Cat C+E plus test.

Day training for Mod 4 plus test.

Its very very reasonable for £2400.

seth 70:

44hr working week for shunters there for that. 4 on, 4 off 12hr shift less an hour of breaks a day so it works out at £12.24 an hour.

How much are you on an hour?

Looking at it a bit more cynically, and assuming they employ you at the end (where as a training co obviously do not) they are doing it because they need drivers :bulb: .
So if that is right, and if Stobarts are so better than any other firms (as they love to tell us) surely somewhere between a subsidy and free would be appropriate.

Conor:

seth 70:

44hr working week for shunters there for that. 4 on, 4 off 12hr shift less an hour of breaks a day so it works out at £12.24 an hour.

Usual agency man bollox,always wants to know what other drivers are on :laughing: btw more than that pal :wink:

I have to agree with seth 70, £28,000 is a half decent basic. Although if I’ve read it right, 44 hours is a little high, not including breaks.

sweepster:
I have to agree with seth 70, £28,000 is a half decent basic. Although if I’ve read it right, 44 hours is a little high, not including breaks.

Yea m8 ,but if it 4 on 4 off that will include weekends and b/hols that should be paid at premium so its not that good,it is stobarts we are talking about :laughing:

Just found some of my old pay slips, basic 50 hours per week i was on just under £500 per week :slight_smile:

Conor:

seth 70:

Sorry to nit pick but that’s a flawed answer Mr Conor.
4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts works out at an average 42 hours a week over the year minus 4 hours break per shift cycle makes it 38 hours therefore

£28000 :heavy_division_sign: 52 :heavy_division_sign: by 38 =
£14.17per Hour on average

Personally I would never work somewhere that stops breaks from your wages. I had a couple of warehouse jobs when I left school, had an hours dinner and 2 15 min breaks and got paid 8hrs plus any ot. Why should you lose an hours overtime to compensate for a break you have a legal right to take :bulb:

OVLOV JAY:
Personally I would never work somewhere that stops breaks from your wages. I had a couple of warehouse jobs when I left school, had an hours dinner and 2 15 min breaks and got paid 8hrs plus any ot. Why should you lose an hours overtime to compensate for a break you have a legal right to take :bulb:

I think most firms take breaks off you nowadays, I know my lot do :unamused: …, but they are not famed for chucking money towards drivers. It does equate to a lot of lost cash over the year.
A firm in Colchester that I done 10 yrs at, did pay me right through, so it depends how good (or bad :unamused: ) the firm is.

I suppose it goes cap in hand with hourly pay, although I can remember the days when even agencies paid right through. I can count on one hand the hourly paid full time Jobs I’ve had. I prefer to know what I’m getting paid and what I have to do for it upfront

OVLOV JAY:
I suppose it goes cap in hand with hourly pay, although I can remember the days when even agencies paid right through. I can count on one hand the hourly paid full time Jobs I’ve had. I prefer to know what I’m getting paid and what I have to do for it upfront

Do you not find though that a salary paying firm try and get more out of you (some pushing harder than others) to get their moneys worth out of you for their set rate. And it can work out in real terms that the more you do the less you are paid
Where as you can set your own pace on a hourly job, knowing that the more you do the more you get paid.
I have worked for both systems and I prefer hourly rate myself.

as above salary opens you to all sorts of shafting, unless you walk of site as soon as you hit you expected hours.

I see what you mean about a shafting, maybe I’m lucky but you don’t tend to get that here. I did 1x15, 2x12 and 1x8 3/4 days last week. It does tend to balance out to 60-65 most weeks, which I’m happy with, as boxes doesn’t really involve a lot more effort than the driving, which averages 25 hrs a week btw. I’ve always worked on the general rule that paid by the hour means they want to give you the minimum, and salary means they want to give you the maximum. Just need to find the right balance