Stobarts

tango boy:
Logistic Academy :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Did you attend ‘The Royal Academy of Tank Polishers’ Orangeboy ? :wink: :smiley:

Radar19:
Its more to do with getting us young ruffians into driving because finding £3K for all the licenses at 18 can be a tough ask for some. Everything about it is geared towards getting the young to come into the industry, you experience all the aspects of the job as well as getting your test and training paid for and with a guaranteed job of at least a year when you pass. Of course being a Stobart thing it has to have pomp and flair, they have the TV show, the branding, the look etc. As a bright eyed youngster who’s only job prospects are dealing with morons at Tesco its a good thing! Of course once they pass and are working, they will just be swapping the morons at the front of the store with the morons at the back of store!

Yeh OK, fair enough, maybe a good thing after all. It’s just that I have this vision of a North Korean style brainwash session, all these hypnotised young guys dressed in green, stood chanting in front of a picture of William & Andrew (aka Bert & Ernie) while being bombarded with old episodes of Trucks & Trailers :smiley:

Its more to do with getting us young ruffians into driving because finding £3K for all the licenses at 18 can be a tough ask for some. Everything about it is geared towards getting the young to come into the industry, you experience all the aspects of the job as well as getting your test and training paid for and with a guaranteed job of at least a year when you pass. Of course being a Stobart thing it has to have pomp and flair, they have the TV show, the branding, the look etc. As a bright eyed youngster who’s only job prospects are dealing with morons at Tesco its a good thing! Of course once they pass and are working, they will just be swapping the morons at the front of the store with the morons at the back of store!

Training and test paid for?? I thought it was £2000 + vat?

Radar19:
ts more to do with getting us young ruffians into driving because finding £3K for all the licenses at 18 can be a tough ask for some. Everything about it is geared towards getting the young to come into the industry, you experience all the aspects of the job as well as getting your test and training paid for and with a guaranteed job of at least a year when you pass. Of course being a Stobart thing it has to have pomp and flair, they have the TV show, the branding, the look etc. As a bright eyed youngster who’s only job prospects are dealing with morons at Tesco its a good thing! Of course once they pass and are working, they will just be swapping the morons at the front of the store with the morons at the back of store!

its probably more to do with the extra money and tax breaks they can get of the goverment by providing apprenticeships.

I have just used the “stobart training academy” to qualify from class 2 to class 1. And the rubbish posted on here is simply laughable. It simply is an excellent facility for anyone wishing to gain their hgv licences. How anyone can find a flaw in it is beyond me, unless you haven’t used it and are simply following the truknet uninformed opinion. with regards to gaining your licence, its a dedicated training and examining facility that’s very thorough and good value for your hard earned. Clearly its popular to knock it as it is run by stobarts. I would recommend it to any aspiring hgv drivers.

cheers

there’s plenty of decent trainers out there that charge a fraction of the cost and dont tie you into anything!

m_attt:
there’s plenty of decent trainers out there that charge a fraction of the cost and dont tie you into anything!

Go on then, tell me what do stobarts tie you into?

san miguel:
I have just used the “stobart training academy” to qualify from class 2 to class 1. And the rubbish posted on here is simply laughable. It simply is an excellent facility for anyone wishing to gain their hgv licences. How anyone can find a flaw in it is beyond me, unless you haven’t used it and are simply following the truknet uninformed opinion. with regards to gaining your licence, its a dedicated training and examining facility that’s very thorough and good value for your hard earned. Clearly its popular to knock it as it is run by stobarts. I would recommend it to any aspiring hgv drivers.

cheers

Looks like the brainwash classes are successful after all :laughing: :laughing: …even I am tempted now by that …and I’ve already got a Class1 :open_mouth: , but I do look soooooo hot in green :sunglasses: , so where do I sign up?

san miguel:

m_attt:

any company who pays for your class 1 or 2 will tie you to work for x amount or pay a certain fee back. if you paid them to do it then the first bit stands, whats so special about stobarts that any other decent training company cant provide for a fraction of the cost.

robroy:

san miguel:

cheers

Looks like the brainwash classes are successful after all :laughing: :laughing: …even I am tempted now by that …and I’ve already got a Class1 :open_mouth: , but I do look soooooo hot in green :sunglasses: , so where do I sign up?

There it is. I simply needed to get my class 1 so used stobarts and am categorized by an idiot. I havent been brainwashed just wanted a licence. Why is that hard for you to get to grips with? I used a good training school and got what i wanted, its that simple

m_attt:

san miguel:

m_attt:

any company who pays for your class 1 or 2 will tie you to work for x amount or pay a certain fee back. if you paid them to do it then the first bit stands, whats so special about stobarts that any other decent training company cant provide for a fraction of the cost.

They didnt pay for me. i paid myself. And i assure you no one else was beating the price they charge. No where did i quote they paid so no idea why you would assume that?

san miguel:

robroy:

san miguel:

cheers

There it is. I simply needed to get my class 1 so used stobarts and am categorized by an idiot. I havent been brainwashed just wanted a licence. Why is that hard for you to get to grips with? I used a good training school and got what i wanted, its that simple

Lighten up Stobartboy :unamused: … I was having a laugh.
Not only brainwashed but suffering from irony deficiency.

robroy:

san miguel:

robroy:

san miguel:

cheers

Lighten up Stobartboy :unamused: … I was having a laugh.
Not only brainwashed but suffering from irony deficiency.

Iron deficiency maybe but brainwashed not. oh and please not stobartboy, I just needed a licence which they were very helpful at helping me with.

bagz:

Training and test paid for?? I thought it was £2000 + vat?

They did run a scheme where they would pay for everything for you, I don’t know if it was just something for TV but they ran it for a year or two.

san miguel:
Iron deficiency maybe but brainwashed not. oh and please not stobartboy, I just needed a licence which they were very helpful at helping me with.

:laughing: How ironic Stobartboy that you failed to pick up on a joke about IRONY, and doubly ironic that you called ME an idiot. :bulb: :smiley:

BTW.
If it worked for you fair play, but you won’t get much love on here for Stobarts, especially from the old hands, and/or those that do not swallow all the corporate B/S.

The best thing about working at stobarts is that everyone will always assume that (a) you have just passed your test (b) that this is the only job you have ever had (c) you are completely brainwashed and (d) you are happy with your £320 take home every week.

Rowley010:
I know, I’m sorry! I’m not trying to start off a new stobarts slagging match. I’m not asking about pay and what the company are like because I’ve read enough to know what a lot of you on here will say!

Just wondering, is there anyone on here who:

1/ works for stobarts currently or has done in the past
2/ actually got a good word to say about them (someone must have!)

If you are that person please could you pm so I can ask I couple of questions. If I do it in here it will start another debate haha

Thanks

I work for stobarts at tesco goole. Whats your question? I’ll try to answer it as best I can

billdor1967:
I work for stobarts at tesco goole. Whats your question? I’ll try to answer it as best I can

Is Farrah still manager there, has he buried a knife in your back yet? Are the shunters still on £3/hr more than the drivers? Why are so many of the Stobarts drivers out of Goole unable to drive in Lane 1 without veering into the hard shoulder and halfway into L2? Is “Knee High, Private Eye” still working on security - I swear he’s the shortest security guard I’ve ever seen.

No Farrah is not there. He left probably 2 years ago now. I had 1 raised voices conversation with him and he was good as gold after that. Better the devil u know sometimes. Shutters are still on a good wack. 28k last I heard. Couldn’t stay in the yard/office all day. I’d kill someone before long. As for the lane changing…we pay our road tax and like to use as much of the road as possible.lol The short arse I don’t know him. Unless u mean the miserable c with the glasses who won’t talk to anyone.

Radar19:

robroy:

Phil1979:
I work for them after passing in their academy mate.

Not having a go at you personally at all mate…, but ‘Academy’ :open_mouth: ffs :unamused: , that just about says it all.
How far up their own arses are those lot :unamused:

Its a fancy word for an Apprenticeship scheme.

Its not. It cost me £2,5k. Not an apprenticeship at all. I do love uneducated responses.