Stobarts, what a load of tv drivel

I will openly admit that I could never bring myself to watch Channel 5’s Stobart documentary. But last night I had a mate visit that never misses an episode (poor sod), he asked if he could watch it on my tv :open_mouth: , not wishing to upset the guy I (mistakenly) agreed.

And I have to say what a load of cringing, patronising load of old crap!

The bloke reversing a wood chip trailer into a farm entrance. He had a 2 lane highway, no hedges, good visibility alround. And the tv producer obviously wanted to hype this as the most difficult manouvre on the planet, a ‘17 point turn’ it was described as, for god sake man get a grip of yourself

The bloke that was a ‘tramper’. How after a weeks work does the truck come back shiny and clean? (and damaged in his case, that was just unfortunate). Well the truth being either he’s not a tramper or the rig was cleaned beforehand. In my experience, after a week (after the first day even in bad weather) is that the truck will be filthy.

All those units parked up with military precision at the Stobart yard. The sign of a good haulage business is an empty yard, maybe business is not so good?

I could go on but all that BS just makes me want to throw up, hopefully on the manicured gardens.

I thought Ice Road truckers was a load of hype but since I’ve never done it I can’t judge. But yes, I have done tramping and I know what it’s actually like so can make judgement.

Needless to say I wont be watching it again :imp:

Tiger.

Don’t get Stressed! The programme is for publicity! As for the Trucks being spotless! Well we do have at least 4 truckwashes around the country! Plus the ones on the Msa’s on account! Not mad busy at the moment but ticking over I’d say! Plenty of time to wash the Trucks! :laughing:

When you see loads of Stobbie wagons really,really dirty,then we’re really really busy?
All those drivers on there are hand selected for their “Loyalty” to Stobarts! 15 years service,Tassles,Curtains half way along the windows and Polishing! Real drivers are far too Busy to be Polishing their wagon! :wink:

Fastrantiger:
I will openly admit that I could never bring myself to watch Channel 5’s Stobart documentary. But last night I had a mate visit that never misses an episode (poor sod), he asked if he could watch it on my tv :open_mouth: , not wishing to upset the guy I (mistakenly) agreed.

Yeah right … :unamused:

think of it as light hearted entertainment / comedy n ul end up laughin at it obviously us lot in the trade know the truth n its al hyped but i can imagine that ppl who dont work in it or know nothin about trucks it makes great viewing ps its on again tonight :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just to make you laugh.

youtube.com/watch?v=iyDZTB1tyPw

Bloody great :laughing:

cliffton 27:
think of it as light hearted entertainment / comedy n ul end up laughin at it obviously us lot in the trade know the truth n its al hyped but i can imagine that ppl who dont work in it or know nothin about trucks it makes great viewing ps its on again tonight :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

where’s the " like " button anyway +1 :laughing:

schrodingers cat:
Just to make you laugh.

prefer this myself…

Whats to moan about he gets to ride laura jane all day :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I love it.

A Kiwi with the accent of a sweaty sock… Brilliant. :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:
I love it.

A Kiwi with the accent of a sweaty sock… Brilliant. :laughing:

Ken.

Nice trailer though :wink:

I have to admit to finding it quite entertaining, I can’t help having the odd cringe at some of the ■■■■■■■■ the Stobart drivers come out with, but the commentator is a bloody star the way he manages to take even the most mundane jobs and make them out to be so extraordinary :smiley:

I was watching an episode last night episode 5 I think, and nearly fell out of the chair the way the commentator was going on about the Stobart driver going behind enemy lines when he delivered diesel to a Malcolms depot, how that commentator manages to sound so serious about it beggars belief, pmsl :laughing:

anybody tell me where i can get some tyre black im going into the quarry monday :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

schrodingers cat:
Just to make you laugh.

prefer this myself…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3n3yDaP74o&feature=related

:open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On closer inspection at the approximate age of them it feels wrong to be watching that…

but I managed to force myself to watch all 3:54 of it in the end, although it wasn’t easy. :smiley: :laughing:

Re the actual dancing, I’ve seen epilectics with more rhythm. :smiling_imp:

Yeah but what a star that young Ed Stobart was, managing to complete that nightmare ‘blind side’ reverse manoeuvre on his class 2 test ? :unamused:

And don’t forget, all those closed roads, diversions, hold-ups and adverse weather conditions: “they wouldn’t have it any other way” erm… Personally I wouldn’t mind a nice clear road, no hold ups and sunny days… :laughing:

Surely someone with a bit of knowledge should listen to the voice over before it goes out?

The closing plaudits by the commentator were nearly making me puke.

“The next time you see one of their trucks, give the driver a wave, you might just make his day.”

Banker.jpg_thumb.jpg

it could be worse it could be hours of truckers gwtting slagged off

think harry hill sum’s it up perfectly…a joke.

jessicas dad:

schrodingers cat:
Just to make you laugh.

prefer this myself…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3n3yDaP74o&feature=related

get some beers down me and i can dance like that

The highlight was stobbies daughter lol. Glad to see the editing was up to its usual high standard, I’m sure the guy who got lost in Birmingham cut from being in it back to being at M6 J6.

I’m just watching (OK - the missus is watching and I have to :wink: ) Saturday Kitchen. I didn’t realise William Stobart ws hosting it :laughing: :laughing: