Stiller;s

Are Stillers a good firm :question: wots pay like ect from anyone who;s worked for em

Big outfit m8, so I guess it depends on where you work…

I’ve worked for them a couple of times and always found them a decent bunch, but that’s here :laughing:

DID SOME WORK FOR THEM OUT OF WARDS AT SHERBURN
GOOD FIRM. EASY FLAT BED STEEL FABRICATION WORK.
WAS A WHILE AGO BUT I THINK THEY ARE STILL THERE.

worked out of wolverhampton on agency bunch of tossers…they would only pay you for 8 hours even if you worked 12…wouldnt sign time sheets for you…trucks were a load of crap…and there was a right ugly bint from bristol thought she was a right darling…

I applied to Stillers, in Newton Aycliffe.

Got a phone call from a fella there, offering me an interview for a job on the Tankers, couldn’t believe my luck.

Got to the interview, he’d forgotten all about Tankers and offered me Steel.

Lying get I thought.

Being a (still) relative newbie to the game so to speak, I turned it down, so Im still at Freightroute.

Now, I wish I’d given it a go as Freightroute are going to the wall with our promised pay review in May officially postponed till September.

Add that to the general doom and gloom about the whole company with all our depots running at a loss, we think its only a matter of time before we all get made redundant.

Worked for them running out of Corus, Crap trucks, Crap trailers, fair money £519 genuine job and finish, but the tackle is dire.

matchbox have you tried ineos at newton aycliffe mate?. their pvc powder tankers are run by excel/dhl, just a thought?.

wirralpete:
matchbox have you tried ineos at newton aycliffe mate?. their pvc powder tankers are run by excel/dhl, just a thought?.

Didnt even know they were there!

I’ll check that out.

Thanks!

I think that you will find that they are changing their main business. Used to be mainly general halulage mostly steel out of Teesside then whatever to get back. Seems now to be a lot of tank and powder work as well as the curtain job at Aycliffe. Lots of changes in management recently, but the guaranteed week is for 55 hours, do more and no extra pay is forthcoming.