Had Stiller Interview

Had an interview for Stillers recently, when the guy contacted me he told me it was for Tanker work.

Nice fella, good banter in the interview, but was highly disappointed when he told me that it was infact for a hauling steel vacancy.

I sent them an email telling them I did not want to go any further, quite disappointed though because I thought I was finally going to get away from the place I am at now.

Sods law I suppose. And I’m not bitter.

Told them in my email that if any Tanker work arises, then I’d like to hear about it.

Does anyone have any opinions on steel work?

Has anyone ever been ‘lured’ to an interview before?

All I know in haulage is multidrop on pallets, so not very much.

Thanks!

I’m on steel at the mo and have done tanks in the past. Steel is ok as long as you give it a little respect. I don’t see too much of Stillers round here, but they do bring plate into Goole occasionally (v.good tip). WIth TDG taking over the running of the Corus transport there is supposed to be more back-loading. This hasn’t really worked for us at Rotherham but others are taking some of our work.

Tanks if it’s bulker (not liquids) can be ok if dirty. Stillers were running soda from Northwich to Teeside at one time and running some stuff out of Teeside. They have large tippers which you will need to take care with especially when windy !

For you it depends whether the work fits what you want.

I worked for Stillers in south wales and their a total waste of time, money is pityful and loads better jobs about, all on about health and safety all the time yet won’t maintain the trailers or units, all past their best and none of the slidaflex trailers will ever open, i’d never work for them again

Stillers took over the Henderson Garage Door contract about 4 years back working out of Bowburn, the Lads on the Henderson contract stuck out for a decent rate and stillers gave in they are now better paid than the Stillers artic drivers :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It’s wagon and Drag work with Moffit Mounty but still a good job, I did it for 5 years before giving up in 2000

I know they were looking for Drivers Last Year but never seen my mate for a few months now so dont know what the score is now.

Just thought I’d mebtion it incase it’s local to you :wink:

Theres also Callerton Transport working out of Fowler Welch in Washington, He’s paying Salary £475 take home for rotating week, something like 11pm start down to South, park up after deliveries and run back with trailer from Teynham 3 trips per week then 2 1\2 days off :wink:

Done agency work in Scunthorpe out of Corus for them, Tired trucks 800.000k badly maintained, trailers are rough and badly maintained, go through drivers like nobody’s business, would not work full time for them.

I am inclined to agree that they are not the best place to work for now.

Maybe the ‘con’ to get me to the interview should be seen as a true indicator of the company that they may well be.

I’d like to thank you all for taking the time to share your opinons on this one in answer to my opening post.

For me the search continues…

how long yo u been looking for the perfect job must be a year now :laughing: :laughing: . think freightroutes your lot pal .a nice dayshifht job home evrey night . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: prove me wrong :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like it dunnit!!!

It’s this 05 DAF XF theyv given me, it’s got a (fake) walnut dash!

Betcha by the spring I am gone… :smiley:

matchbox:
:lol: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like it dunnit!!!

It’s this 05 DAF XF theyv given me, it’s got a (fake) walnut dash!

Betcha by the spring I am gone… :smiley:

and il be counting my millions in the caribbean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
who knows we both might be right :laughing: