Sleep Talking...

Ok guys, just thought a bit of light hearted humour was in order here, it revolves around me last night when my girlfriend slept round…after all the naughty lovings, of course we settled into sleep. Now, I often sleep talk and say really random things, last night being no exception.

…So as I was sleeping last night I randomly shouted out “ARGH, YOU [zb]”…needless to say it woke my girlfriend up and kind of woke me up. She asked me what was wrong, to which my reply was “This guy’s trying to overtake me in the middle lane”. But it doesn’t stop there…

I started to have another dream later on during the night. The dream was something discussed on here before. It was letting learner car drivers drive trucks. However, instead of just driving trucks, they had to crash the trucks into cars so they could see first hand the effects it had and the damage to the cars. Again I randomly said in my sleep “If anyone tries to undertake me I’ll take them under my side bars, that’ll learn 'em!”

Just made me think, has anyone else had any truck related incidents whilst sleeping?

Just made me think, has anyone else had any truck related incidents whilst sleeping?

yep drove mine off the M6 whilst asleep… :laughing:

you mean to say you fell asleep behind the wheel of went off the road or in your dream you went off the road? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was southbound on the m6 near corley services and was starting to nod,
so I dived in and parked up. I was that tired I just put my head on the steering wheel
and was out like a light, after about 30 mins I woke up and a van had parked in front of
me. I must of stamped the brake pedal for about 15 seconds before I realized that I
wasn,t even moving.
I had to get out and have a walk around to get my heart rate back to normal before carrying on.
:open_mouth:

years ago when i was a kid
whilst hostelling at Loch Ossian SYHA
i had a ten minute conversation with my room mates on how i was or not as it happens going to get to
the dentist in Leam Spa on my bike in 10 hours

oatcake1967:
so I dived in and parked up. I was that tired I just put my head on the steering wheel
and was out like a light, after about 30 mins I woke up and a van had parked in front of
me. I must of stamped the brake pedal for about 15 seconds before I realized that I
wasn,t even moving.
I had to get out and have a walk around to get my heart rate back to normal before carrying on.

I can’t stop laughing. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My missus reckons i’ve covered all sorts of truck related subjects whilst asleep.
like. Axle weights, ropes. that’s too high, we need a low loader.

oatcake1967:
wasn,t even moving.

Same thing happened to me about 30 years ago and I still remember the shock, scariest thing ever

don’t know if it counts, but I fell asleep driving a 50ton dump terex dump truck through a steelworks. Woke up when I hit a sleeping policeman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dunno if I should admit to this, its not really truck related but…I was asleep one night and the girlfriend was watching telly and I must have been dreaming and apparently I turned over and muttered the immortal words “bend over and I will show you…!!” :blush: :blush: , I have no idea what I was dreaming about and then I woke up and was trying to figure out if I had said it out loud!! Turns out I did… :blush: :blush: :blush:

Another one I said once was “shall I put some fish fingers under the grill?”…thing is, I don’t have a grill or fish fingers :S

Not sleep talking but sleep truck related, This happend to me some yrs ago. I was on my 4th night out that week and did my last but one drop in Deepcar Sheffield, and I parked up in a layby for the night. Now I know what your all thinking, but I drove in to the layby almost to the end off it plus it was separated from the road by a raised curb and had a drive through lane in it , and I was the only truck there that night, it was a good job there was no truck in front of me. It was around December/January time bitter cold, foggy and snowing like the clappers. I was sound asleep on the bunk when there was an almighty bang and allot of movement :open_mouth: , which woke me up which is strange for me :laughing: . This happend around 06.30ish, at first I though Saddam Hussain had got long range missiles, when I got out off my sleeping bag a voice from outside called out ‘‘are you ok driver’’ I lifted the curtains to see what was going on. yup I had been rear ended and moved about 15 foot in the layby. The driver knew the road well as he used it most mornings, He could not see very well in the fog + it was snowing and as he came in to the layby he thought to himself I cant remember this being a dual carriageway and there I was ‘‘BANG’’ with no time for him to brake. He pushed the cab back from his truck about a foot, and was bleeding like a pig from his legs. The impact was so great that both of the mirrors on my truck were touching the side windows and the instrument panel had popped out of the dash. I never did get my last drop off from that run. I was always very weiry about parking in laybys and even more so after that night. I phoned the driver when I got home that night to see how he was, they had stitched him back up in hospital and he told me that his motor was a right off.

It wasn’t on the truck, but…

Once I was driving late in the nigth. It was in Poland, it was about 4 am, it was wet and foggy. I had my coffee just before Oświęcim and I was feeling pretty well.

I planned to go that way:
maps.google.pl/maps?f=d&source=s … =UTF8&z=10

So I was driving through Oświęcim (that the last thing I can recmember) and sudenly I realised that I am in the middle of some town doing well over 100 km/h. I slowed down and started to look arround as I did not recognized the place.

I was in the centre of Jaworzno, and from the way I was going, I can guess that I came that way:
maps.google.pl/maps?f=d&source=s … =UTF8&z=11

I do not remember a thing from that moments of my life. Sleep-driving or whatever?

Anyway, that’s really scary.

limeyphil:
I can’t stop laughing. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My missus reckons i’ve covered all sorts of truck related subjects whilst asleep.
like. Axle weights, ropes. that’s too high, we need a low loader.

I have done all that, she lays awake listening and then tells everyone in the pub what I talk about :smiley:

We call it Talking B–ks :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably due to those long lonely nights when I was a proper little trucker, I think that was the term she used :laughing:

one of our ex-drivers came into work, drove out unit only hit a lampost n/s and kerb threw him to the right went threw a fence, wagon a mess by this time, continues to drive around the block parks truck outside yard and walks home which is about 10miles away, driver cant even remember leaving the house 4 work ! :open_mouth: